Confession. Sometimes when I measure things

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
like salad dressing out, I am compelled to lick the measuring spoon, if I'm counting the calories of the stuff stuck to the spoon you can be damn sure I'm going to eat them.

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm the same way! I always lick my plate clean. I counted it, I'm going to eat it! All of it :D
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I definitely do this. There is no way that extra peanut butter or hummus is going to get wasted.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm the same way! I always lick my plate clean. I counted it, I'm going to eat it! All of it :D

I might have licked the dressing off my plate this time too. It's damn good and 160 calories a serving!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    like salad dressing out, I am compelled to lick the measuring spoon, if I'm counting the calories of the stuff stuck to the spoon you can be damn sure I'm going to eat them.
    Lol, guilty as charged! Yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut butter are my demises!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, Rae. I've been known to use my finger to get the last little crumb.
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is my weakness when it comes to this.

I put my PB in a little container to take to work and I get funny looks in the lunch room as I'm licking the lid of the little tupperware container but damn it, i counted it, and i'm going to eat it.

plus not eating it would be like Peanut Butter Abuse.
  • aprilkida
    aprilkida Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I get made fun of at work for doing this. Of course I'm going to get every last drop of salad dressing if I'm counting it!
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If I count it, I eat it!!! Not really but I do lick the spoon. I over count on stuff sometimes, eat less than I counted.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    And why does yoplait have that annoying little shelf around the top of the container? It's hard to scoop out the last bits with your finger.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is my weakness when it comes to this.

I put my PB in a little container to take to work and I get funny looks in the lunch room as I'm licking the lid of the little tupperware container but damn it, i counted it, and i'm going to eat it.

plus not eating it would be like Peanut Butter Abuse.

Hahaha.....I do the same, just can't help it.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    If I count it, I eat it!!! Not really but I do lick the spoon. I over count on stuff sometimes, eat less than I counted.

Finally!!! A sane person on this thread! LOL
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Anyone else find this threat kinda hawt until those dudes showed up?

Joking aside, I do the same. If I'm counting it, I'm eating it!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    haha, I do the same...especially if it's something delicious like Nutella!
  • jermyZ
    jermyZ Posts: 27
    Options

I do the same! I almost always under-eat what i calculate, sneaking in a spoon cleaning isn't so bad haha.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Anyone else find this threat kinda hawt until those dudes showed up?

Joking aside, I do the same. If I'm counting it, I'm eating it!

There is tons of licking going on here...

My husband licked the salad dressing off his plate at our wedding reception. I was embarrassed and amused at the same time.

I am not part of the clean plate club, so I don't really do this very often. I have been known to lick the mixing blades when I am baking though.