Need some yummy soup recipes!

Options
NINAjustdoit
NINAjustdoit Posts: 80 Member
Hi! I love soup and am looking for new healthy soup recipies ... does anyone out there have some yummy and low calorie recipes that they can share??

Replies

• BenderFitness
    Options
    I have one for butternut squash soup. It sounds delicious but I haven't made it yet. If you're interested I will post it. :)
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    This is my family's favorite!!
    * Exported from MasterCook *

Tortilla Soup

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Tried and True

Amount Measure Ingredient — Preparation Method
    ——– ———— ——————————–
    1 chicken — boiled and deboned
    broth from chicken
    2 cans chicken broth
    1 can diced green chilies
    1 can tomatoes with green chilies
    1 large black beans, canned
    2 cloves garlic — minced
    1/4 cup lime juice
    2 tablespoons cilantro
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    4 flour tortillas
    1 tablespoon olive oil

Combine the chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes with green chilies, onion, and garlic in a soup pot. Add the shredded chicken. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
    Add the lime juice, cilantro, cayenne, and cumin. Simmer for 10-15 minutes longer.
    Cut the tortillas into 1/2 x 2-inch strips. Fry in hot olive oil in skillet until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
    Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and the tortilla strips.

You can leave off the tortilla strips if you want to save calories. I use a good bit more cumin and lime juice when I make it, just go by taste. When I plugged this into the recipe calculator it came out to be about 71 calories a cup, before tortilla strips and cheese of course. Yum!
  • NINAjustdoit
    NINAjustdoit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • LUCYRENEE
    LUCYRENEE Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yes, please post your squash soup. I've recently just been introduced to squash (I'm 55!!) and really like it.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I make this awesome "creamy" soup made from soft tofu, cauliflower, potatoes and onion which is so tasty. Only 152 calories for a cup and a half. If that sounds good to anyone I will share the recipe. :))))
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I make this awesome "creamy" soup made from soft tofu, cauliflower, potatoes and onion which is so tasty. Only 152 calories for a cup and a half. If that sounds good to anyone I will share the recipe. :))))

oooo yes, please! some of my fave things in those ingredients :love:
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This soup is great. Freezes very well. The trick with this is to get the salt and pepper right. It is extremely bland without it. Hope you enjoy!!

"Cream" of Cauliflower and Potato Soup
    from "The Tofu Cookbook" by Leah Leneman

1 medium onion
    1 small cauliflower
    1 pound of potatoes
    3 3/4 cup of water or vegetable stock (I use water)
    1/2 pound soft tofu
    1 tbsp vegetable margarine (I use the Brummel & Brown yogurt kind)
    Sea salt and black pepper to taste
    Chopped parsley (for garnish if you like that kind of thing lol)

1. Chop the onion, cauliflower and potatoes into a dice.
    2. Combine the onion, cauliflower and potatoes in a pot with the water, cover and cook until very soft.
    3. Cool, then put into the blender and blend with the tofu. No need to drain the water that remains.
    4. Return the blended mixture to the pot. Add the sea salt, pepper and margarine and heat gently.
    5. Garnish with the parsley.

This yields four 1 1/2 cup servings.

Per serving:
    152 calories
    4 g fat
    26 g carbs
    9 g protien
    43 g sodium (does not include the salt you add)
    0 g cholesterol
    5 g fiber
    832 mg potassium
    5 g sugar
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    This soup is great. Freezes very well. The trick with this is to get the salt and pepper right. It is extremely bland without it. Hope you enjoy!!

"Cream" of Cauliflower and Potato Soup
    from "The Tofu Cookbook" by Leah Leneman

Thanks!
  • iamcaressa
    iamcaressa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is my recipe. It's really good as it is, but you can use milk instead of cream and broccoli, carrots, snap peas, etc., instead of potatoes. Low-fat sausage is a winner and turkey bacon to really make it healthier.

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/soups/spicy-tuscan-soup
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Chinese mixed vegetable soup!
    8 cups of low sodium chicken broth
    broccoli
    cawliflower
    sliced carrot
    mushrooms
    chopped onion
    fresh minced garlic
    fresh minced ginger
    fresh lemon grass minced
    YUMMMMMY!! Could live off of it!!
  • celmes11
    celmes11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ascott048
    Options
    I love this lentil soup! My husband begs for it weekly. I add a tablespoon of FF sour cream to my bowl and squeeze lime juice on top also.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aarti-sequeira/red-lentil-soup-recipe/index.html

I also love this yellow split pea soup, I use Trader Joes Sweet Italian Sausage instead but still it is so tasty.

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/01/recipe-for-spicy-yellow-split-pea-soup.html
  • kellyc3
    Options
    Bump
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    These all look great!