To those of you maintaing, how long until you stopped being

Options
I didn't even lose nearly as much as some other people here (just under 30 lb), but I am freezing all the time now; I know I am not the only one.

To those of you who have been maintaining for a while, how long did it take you to stop being cold? Please tell me that it does stop; please?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really stop. Your nice warm fat layer..it's gone...buy some flannels, and thick clothes.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I was thin most of my life, and I was always cold, too. No insulation.
  • polly_polly
    polly_polly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bummer, and here I thought that maybe you got used to it.

Also, this is really interesting, because I don't remember being quite that cold the one other time I was at my present weight.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I don't have a whole lot of fat left and I am REALLY feeling the cold this year. I savor it, though, since it means I don't have a big layer of insulation.

I've learned to layer. And when I go outside, I always assume it's going to be WAY colder than it looks from inside. I'd rather take the hat and scarf off than wish I had worn them.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    thankfully - I'll never have to do another Winter ever again!!!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Totally get this!! But I'm enjoying wearing warm winter clothes!!!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I don't have a whole lot of fat left and I am REALLY feeling the cold this year. I savor it, though, since it means I don't have a big layer of insulation.

I've learned to layer. And when I go outside, I always assume it's going to be WAY colder than it looks from inside. I'd rather take the hat and scarf off than wish I had worn them.

I'm cold all the time too. This is the right solution. Rather then one big mega coat for the winter. I wear several layers so I can adjust to indoors and outdoors and whatever temperature I'm in.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm not at goal but I'm so much thinner I'm feeling it badly this year (and I used to be a human heat pump!). I expect this will just be my lot in life now and that means on occasion wearing sweatshirts to be and tucking my pajamas into socks. :laugh: :sad:
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use my plug in heater pad ALL the time.
  • jack_
    jack_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's great to know I have a problem like this to look forward to. I still have that nice layer of warmth ... but I'm working on shedding it!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I'm freezing and my house is 74 right now.

Get your iron checked.

And get used to it, sorry.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS cold (heck, I'm the person using an electric blanket in the SUMMER - because everyone else is hot and the air is turned down).

I've learned to layer my clothes. It definitely helps. I've also bought some "warm" pjs because my old ones aren't warm enough (and I've been known to put my "take the dogs outside" bathrobe on over them!)
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Ooo! Stroke of genius!

Let's all get together for a warmth orgy!!!
    :bigsmile:
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I was cold for about 2 weeks in winter.

Winter is about 2 weeks long in this part of the world. HA !
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've been in front of my fireplace in sweat pants, socks, slippers, a shirt, warm up jacket and my down coat and I was still freezing. So I went and jumped on my treadmill and after an hour I was sweating my *kitten* off. Then the sweat drenched clothes got cold and I was back to freezing. So here I am again in front of the fireplace. :ohwell: But it feels good to be skinny so I'll take being cold.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< this is how I walk around my house most of the year. Now that its winter I usually have a tank top or t shirt on. I'm always hot, summers drive me insane.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    I'm still plus size and i get cold all the time. It could be a circulation issue..Try moving around and you will feel better. Even a nice long work out will,should warm you up. Also Hot or Warm baths or showers are nice

Good luck!
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Now that I've lost almost 30 pounds... I'm FREEEEEZZZZING! All of the time! I seriously sleep with 3 or 4 extremely heavy blankets. I have a huge jacket with "fur" in it and I'm still cold.

I just take long hot showers! Does the trick!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't believe the "it doesn't get better, get used to it" answer, but I can't tell you exactly how long it takes your body to adjust either. I'm sure people are different so maybe it takes longer for some?

I lost 100 lbs and the first winter after losing was horrible! I could wear 3 hoodies, a coat, 3 pairs of gloves, hat, and scarf, and still be freezing! So far this year I only need a coat when I'm biking and can mostly wear just one thin hoodie. This is after 3 years of maintaining a loss though.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, lower than normal body temperature is one symptom of hypothyroidism.