is it okay to drink pineapple juice everday?

Options
i have been getting more into my singing lately, and the one thing i have found to soothe the throat amazingly is pineapple juice. water soothes when drinking it but stops straight after and pineaaple juice sootes during and after. when singing for hours and hours on end i sure need it...

Replies

• jenesaisquoi
    Options
    Really??? When my throat is the least bit raw from singing or if it is raw and I want to sing pineapple juice or anything super acidic always seemed to irritate it more. I know olive oil is a trick they used on American Idol (to gargle, not swallow, I believe). As far as drinking it everyday from a nutritional standpoint, I think they recommend you do not exceed 6 or 8 oz. of juice a day, better to eat the fruit than drink it. As long as you limit it to 1 glass a day you should be good. Hope that helps! :-)
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been having pineapple juice everyday because I;m having surgery next week, and the doctor gave me pre-surgery supplements that only taste ok if mixed with pineapple juice. To keep the calories down I only put half a glass of pineapple juice in my drink and fill the rest up with water

Some people drink coffee/coke/alcohol each day, so I'm sure pineapple juice isn't too bad of a choice!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Some people drink coffee/coke/alcohol each day, so I'm sure pineapple juice isn't too bad of a choice!

Very true. Personally, I can't handle too much acid. If I drank more than a few ounces of pineapple juice, I would be in pain. However, if you don't have that problem, go right ahead.

I had to slow my coffee intake, because my digestive issues were kind of bad.