24 y.o. 5'4" and a 100 pounds to lose!

Options
Lord that's embarrassing. I'm pretty excited about this journey though. I'm happy that I found this website. I'm trying to get my profile looking good too but my computer is running slow right now. Will add more pictures later.

Anyone else with some major weight to lose like me?

Replies

• lalalalovely85
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'1, and about 50lbs to lose. No need to be embarrassed! It's great to have a website like this and have people to go along the journey with you. I'm excited too =)
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 20 with over 100 to lose but making small goals (for me) makes the journey more enjoyable. Welcome to MFP!!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Is that you in the picture? OMG girl your already a good weight 100 would be wayy to much to lose.

Me on the other hand i still got sooo much to lose 60lbs or so maybe even 80lbs

Good luck and thanks for the add xoxox
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yep. I am 5'3" with about a 100 pounds to lose! I know it seems overwhelming, but even loosing one pound is better than where I was yesterday! You can do this!
  • Katerbuggs
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 24 next month and have about the same amount to lose. =) Feel free to friend me if you want some extra support and motivation!
  • amber_bamber09
    amber_bamber09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im 20 years old. 5'2" with about 81 pounds to lose so feel free to add me. :) Remember baby steps, that is the key. You can't change your bad habits and lifestyle overnight. It took awhile to put it on, it will take awhile to take it off.
  • Aranda7892
    Aranda7892 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 5'4 as well, with 100 pounds to lose!

I plan on starting at the beginning of the year, I'm told it's not a good idea to put it off, however I am because I am making a plan so I can actually be successful this time!
  • Charbella87
    Options
    That's the old me. I was trying to put before and after pictures up but for whatever reason I can't post anymore pictures. It freezes up as I'm uploading them.
  • Lissax3
    Options
    I'm in the same boat 8 will be 24 tommrow an I'm aiming for 80 pounds. I lost 20 in 2 months but then slowly got it back. So now starting o veer. I need to get motivated! Feel free to add me if you neeed help an or to rant:)
  • jwalker831
    jwalker831 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, You are so smart to change your life while you're young and have lots of time to enjoy being fit! I'm 52 years old and wish I'd been more serious about being healthy when I was your age. Still, better late than never! I've lost 30 pounds so far and have and have 112 pounds to go. My husband and I started walking in late June and joined a gym in October. Even with just 30 pounds off, I feel fantastic and healthier than I've felt in years. Happy to connect with you!
  • Karamonster
    Karamonster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Ultimate goal is to lose 100, goal for now is 55. Add me if you want some support!
  • FreshStart56
    Options
    I'm 56, have lost 25 pounds so far, and hope to lose another 100 pounds. I've switched to mostly a vegan diet, and have also been taking calcium supplements. I have to say, I'd read that calcium deficiency was associated with obesity, but I think it may actually be true. After I started taking calcium supplements, it seems like my body is able to burn fat more easily. But I think this may only work if you are starting out calcium deficient. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • FluffyCanadianGirl
    Options
    I'm 25, 5'2" and a bit with 130-150 pounds to lose! Good luck with your journey, and you can add me if ya want! :smile:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Keep that excitement you've got and hold it as you go. This is going to be a great time in your life! Enjoy it! You've got the attitude, so get out there, and start reaching those goals! :bigsmile:
  • KellsJourney
    KellsJourney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can do this! We can help motivate each other. I'm 5'3, and have over 100 lbs. to lose. Add me if you'd like! Best of luck, you can do this!