Holy Moly Cannoli Cones

Options
HealthierMamasita
HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
cannoli1_lrg.2.jpg

PER SERVING (1 cannoli cone): 134 calories, 1.75g fat, 184mg sodium, 21g carbs, 0g fiber, 10.5g sugars, 6g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

You will FLIP OUT when you try our creamy, creative take on chocolate chip cannolis!!!

Ingredients:
6 sugar cones (like the kind by Keebler)
1 cup plus 2 tbsp. fat-free ricotta cheese (or one of the alternatives below)
2/3 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
2 1/2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 tbsp. sugar-free fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix
1 tbsp. powdered sugar

Directions:
Place all ingredients except the cones and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on high until mixture is fully combined and fluffy. Fold in half of the chocolate chips.

Carefully transfer mixture to a large plastic bag, squeezing it down toward one bottom corner of the bag. Snip that corner off with scissors, so that you have a makeshift piping bag.

Gently squeeze the ricotta mixture into the cones, evenly distributing it among them.

Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly on top of the filling in each cone.

Eat and enjoy!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

HG Alternatives! If you can't find fat-free ricotta, go for low-fat or light -- then each Cannoli Cone would have 145 calories, 4g fat, and a POINTS® value of 3*. If you can't track down low-fat or light, use part-skim ricotta -- each Cannoli Cone would then have 163 calories, 6g fat, and a POINTS® value of 4*. Cannoli Cones for EVERYONE!

Replies

• HealthierMamasita
    Options
    cannoli1_lrg.2.jpg

PER SERVING (1 cannoli cone): 134 calories, 1.75g fat, 184mg sodium, 21g carbs, 0g fiber, 10.5g sugars, 6g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

You will FLIP OUT when you try our creamy, creative take on chocolate chip cannolis!!!

Ingredients:
    6 sugar cones (like the kind by Keebler)
    1 cup plus 2 tbsp. fat-free ricotta cheese (or one of the alternatives below)
    2/3 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
    2 1/2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
    1 tbsp. sugar-free fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix
    1 tbsp. powdered sugar

Directions:
    Place all ingredients except the cones and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on high until mixture is fully combined and fluffy. Fold in half of the chocolate chips.

Carefully transfer mixture to a large plastic bag, squeezing it down toward one bottom corner of the bag. Snip that corner off with scissors, so that you have a makeshift piping bag.

Gently squeeze the ricotta mixture into the cones, evenly distributing it among them.

Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly on top of the filling in each cone.

Eat and enjoy!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

HG Alternatives! If you can't find fat-free ricotta, go for low-fat or light -- then each Cannoli Cone would have 145 calories, 4g fat, and a POINTS® value of 3*. If you can't track down low-fat or light, use part-skim ricotta -- each Cannoli Cone would then have 163 calories, 6g fat, and a POINTS® value of 4*. Cannoli Cones for EVERYONE!
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, those look so good!
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    mmm. those look so good
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    *drool* i wonder how it would taste if i left the ricotta out completely. I'm seriously not a ricotta gal.
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    *drool* i wonder how it would taste if i left the ricotta out completely. I'm seriously not a ricotta gal.
    I'm not either but what would you replace the ricotta with?
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • ngwife4life
    Options
    I don't know. I'm still thinking on it. Trust me, these things have been stuck in my brain since I saw the pic. :laugh:
  • ngwife4life
    Options
    OK, I think you could maybe use a fat free ice cream... it would give it a completely different texture, I'm sure and you'd probably need to store them in the freezer. True cannolis use ricotta cheese and I like them so maybe I just need to try it! It's just the thought of riccota cheese that creeps me out. Kind of like sour cream in my casserole that one time... it was DELICIOUS but once they told me it was in there, I got a sick feeling in my tummy! Yes, I'm a freak. :)
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried to make these yet? MMmmm, I saw the email and am so tempted too.
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! :flowerforyou: I'm going to make these this weekend :smile:
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    I made cannoli cones for dessert and everyone loved them! :love: I substituted grandma's cannoli filling recipe, so mine were about 170 calories each (but worth every calorie :laugh: ) SO yummy!! :happy:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    OMG that looks really good must tried,

Thanks for posting
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    You are very welcome BXMom:smile:
    My husband would love these.
    Doubt my lil rugrats would though.
  • lbragg
    lbragg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I tried these over the weekend! Delicious! :love:
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    I tried these over the weekend! Delicious! :love:
    I'm glad you liked them :bigsmile:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    now apart of my reciepe book. Yum and thanks. Looking forward to making them:tongue:
  • lobita44
    lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow! I gotta try these! Thanks!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    bump--cause these look fabulous!
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I made these and my kids absolutely loved them. The only problem I had is that they must be eaten the same day. I couldn't find a way to store them so they don't become soggy.
  • Wolfmann
    Wolfmann Posts: 6
    Options
    A great thing to replace the ricotta is Italian cream cheese ( Mascarpone) :smile: