Fitness games for the PS3...

Santa is bringing my son a PS3 for Xmas. What are some good fitness games for the PS3?...For me!:drinker:

Replies

• FitnessGamer
    FitnessGamer Posts: 2 Member
    EA Active 2
    Fit in Six
    Zumba Fitness
    Get Fit With Mel B
    UFC Personal Trainer

All good fitness games. All of them except EA Active 2 require (or work better with) the MOVE controller.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    EA Sports Active 2 is great. It's not a game... it's an actual workout, but it's interactive and customizable, and has a built-in heart rate monitor to track your calories burned. It's best if you use separate weights (I use 5# dumbbells) rather than the resistance band that comes with it.

I have to laugh every time I log it in my exercise and someone says, "Oh, that's looks like a fun way to burn calories!" It's not. :laugh: It's not like dancing or playing a game where you're enjoying yourself and laughing and thinking, "I can't believe THIS is exercise!" Squats and lunges and pushups are never fun. :wink:
  • Thanks! I think I'll go for the EA Sports Active 2 since you both mentioned it. :bigsmile:
  • TheOddOne
    TheOddOne Posts: 45 Member
    I have the zumba game for my PS3 and I love it. I log it as aerobics high impact since it gives me much more of a workout than the aerobics DVDs that I have. I just got the Fit In Six game yesterday (on clearance for $13.98 at Target - woohoo!!) And I was pleasantly surprised at the workout I got. But I'm not sure how to log it for calories burned. I did a variety of the workouts - cardio, and strength (pushups, etc). I do not have a HRM so I know at best, my calories burned are estimates anyway but I was still wondering how I should log it. Any suggestions? :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    If it's a mix of cardio and strength, probably circuit training would be the closest category to log it.