It's more than a number on a scale.

Options
rentrikin
rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
I stepped on the scale tonight. !0 pounds lost. I have not weighed this in about 5 years. But this is so much more than that. It's doing Jillian Michael's ripped in 30 at 2 weeks shy of turning 55 years old. It's about getting stronger and fitter. I repeated week 1 of RI30 last night( after having spent 2 months of doing each level for several weeks) and I rocked it with ease. Yes, I sweated and was out of breath but there was no comparison to the torture I had first endured. It's about being on week 5 of C25k and having run 20 minutes 2 times this week.. It measured 1 3/4 mile . 5 weeks ago I felt like I was dying running 60 seconds at a time. It's about putting on pants I hadnt worn in a couple of years or wearing a leather jacket I loved, when I hadnt been able to before because I couldn't get it zipped up and the arms were too tight. It's about seriously contemplating running a 5k and doing the warrior dash and not being afraid that I am too old do these things. You know, it just feels good to accomplish something you had no idea you could.

Replies

• Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Sounds like your rocking it all now! I wish you a happy 55th and much continued success!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You are doing GREAT!
  • RandomDude50
    Options
    Congrats!
  • GrammyM
    GrammyM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That really is what it's all about - getting fit, being healthy, feeling strong. I am also 55 and heading for 56. Though I do not run, last week I was in a hurry to cover blocks in Seattle and had put my walking shoes on with my suit. I actually found myself running along the sidewalk and feeling great. On the way back up the hill I saw a 20 something running ahead and used her as my pacer. Felt good, was kinda fun and the burst of exercise evaporated the stress that I was under.

I too am "grammy", but only to two. My daughter is a NICU nurse and also on MFP. We'll be rooting for you.
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. I am on this site several times a day, reading the truly inspirational stories about lives changing. We start out trying to lose weight but we gain so much more than that back. Good luck to all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!