not burning enough with 30 DS

Options
I have been using a HRM with my workouts and only burn like 179 to 200 calories on the 30 day shred. I have been doing it like 3 days a week and eating at or up to my calories and not really losing. The scale has been the same for weeks. Is anyone else experiencing little loss and not really burning calories using the 30DS? I will take any advice you can offer to get me going.

Replies

• Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I completed 30DS while back. I burned about the same amount of calories, I lost inches instead of weight.
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I completed 30DS while back. I burned about the same amount of calories, I lost inches instead of weight.

Same here, no weight loss but inches!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Yes- 30-DS is great. i did it a month or two back. i lost a lot of inches. to lose the weight with it though, you gotta add in some extra cardio, is what i've found. from what i've read on the boards that's pretty common for most people. good luck and keep going with the shred- it's worth it!
  • queenbee917
    queenbee917 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, I will take the inches too!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Are you tired and sweaty after the work out? Sore the next day? If not, then change to heavier dumbells. I saw the weight starting to come after I changed mine. Also, use the dumbells in the cardio moves aswell, doing the jumping jacks etc.
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    On a plus note, and given that you're probably gaining muscle and loosing fat, regardless of what you look like (and I have no idea because I haven't looked at your pics), I bet you'd outrun half of your local Police officers after doing 30 DS for 30 days!
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    Are you tired and sweaty after the work out? Sore the next day? If not, then change to heavier dumbells. I saw the weight starting to come after I changed mine. Also, use the dumbells in the cardio moves aswell, doing the jumping jacks etc.

OMG!! If I changed up from my 3lb (in each hand) dumbells I'd bloody die doing 30 DS!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    OMG!! If I changed up from my 3lb (in each hand) dumbells I'd bloody die doing 30 DS!

In my experince a lot of women underestimate there own strength, and are also afraid of getting bulking just over night if they so much as touch a dumbell over 2 pounds. Also, they listen to much to JM who suggest you start of with 1 lbs dumbells, if my memory doesent fail me completly. If you have the strength to do another 2-5 reps on the same bells, then change UP!