Hello, This is my first post, been using the site for 1 week

Options
Hi everyone. I wanted to post and introduce myself and maybe find a few friends on here.

My name is Kim. I currently weigh 251.8 pounds after my first week (down 2.6 from start YAY). I am 25 and trying to lose weight because my health is starting to be affected. I have mildly high blood pressure and it keeps creeping higher. I don't want to end up being medicated for high blood pressure before I'm 30 (btw it was 130/66 last wed which may not look TOO bad but it was 148/80 the week before).

I have just started exercising again and hope I can keep up with it. I did well during the summer but got off track when grad school started again. I have a full time job and was taking 2 classes a semester to get my masters. I only need one class next quarter though so maybe I can do better with the additional time.

I have also started cooking more and doing less pizza, Chinese, and other eating out. I'm still working on that though, although getting better at eating vegetables.

Well that's about all I can think to post about me for now. :)

Replies

• cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim,
    I'm 21 and started at 265lb so we are quite similar really. Sounds lke the steps you've been taking so far have been working well for you. You just need to stick to it and I'm sure you'll do great and I hope you start noticing positive changes in your health soon.
    I'd be more than happy to be a pal if you want to add me :bigsmile:
  • Cocoa17
    Options
    I'm not so young, but I have 100+ to lose, and just gettting started. Would love to have a little support... add me if you want! I plan to be on-line every day.