Options
Hello
I am new to this website but no new to exercises and diet. I gain about 40/50 pounds about 5 years ago when I stop smoking.
Also going through the change so loose the weight that I put on after I stop smoking is a big challenge for me.
The weight is affecting my body and it is time it comes off.
So I am looking for friends to help keep me on track. One day the weight will go I know it. I just have to keep trying.

Merry Christmas to every one!

Replies

• JenniferH007
    Options
    welcome this is a great place for the support please let me know if you need anything you are welcome to add me as a friend :-)
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi i have about double what you need to lose iam also going thru the change mine is because i had chemo for breast cancer would be great to support each other feel free to add me xxx
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome to my fitness pal! :) its a great site for loosing weight and keep track! :)

We all here for you if you need anything!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    welcome.......I know the feeling of quiting smoking, I myself had stopped 6 yrs. ago and the weight has yo-yo.....I also take medications and I am told that is also a weight factor...........no big deal if I can just get to a healthy weight and feel good I will be happy. I don't need to have a body of a super model.......you can do this just remember it is one step at a time........
  • gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi, i am glenda and I am on a journey as well to lose the same amount of weight! Lets do this!
  • yamsandbean
    yamsandbean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I too am new to this. I hope that I can get some motivation from others and in return give some motivation. I have been trying to lose weight feels like all my life but this time I am determined to get this weight off. I know it is going to be a slow process and I will fall many times but I refuse to give up. Giving myself one year to lose 79 pounds. I am actually setting a realistic goal and not set myself up for failure.
  • mrod1972
    mrod1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there Newbie, losing weight is hard, and I've been doing it for a while. I lost 63lbs so far. When i discovered this website, this site has taught me to count calories and watch what I eat. I wish I would have used this site from the begininnig. I lost 43 and found this site and helped me lose 20 more pounds. It keeps you aware of the things you eat. if need help just write, and if tou have a android phone put this app in it.
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What you are saying sounds very familiar! I too, quit smoking and gained a rediculous amount of weight and are in my 50s. The weight is coming off much easier than I thought it would. I would love to have you as a MFP friend, we can keep track of each other's progress. That goes for anyone else who is looking for more friends, I will gladly encourange whoever needs it.
  • garyolson43
    garyolson43 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am down over 80 lbs now. Joining MFP was the best i've have done. I have 85 days in a row logged in. If your looking for support and motivation add me as a friend.

Gary
  • Cocoa17
    Options
    I'm new, too! I'm a 42 y.o. mom of 4 who has 100+ to lose. Would love to have some friends/support. Really excited about getting it going!