New guy seeks friends for support

Options
Hello everyone. I've just recently joined MyFitnessPal and am in desperate need of some people to keep me motivated. It's been a rough year and I've stress ate my way into a much rounder shape, and I wasn't a healthy weight to begin with. :/

Perhaps you could also use someone to support you through your weight loss efforts? If so, please send me a friend request. I hear this whole weight loss thing is easier with friends.

For those who would appreciate stats, I'm 5'9" and currently 231 lbs. My eventual goal is 150, but in the meantime I'd be elated to make it 200.

Replies

• heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like! Big congrats to you for joining this site. Everyone here is so encouraging and there is so much information available on MFP to help make your goals easier to obtain. :)
  • RandomDude50
    Options
    Thanks. Gotta start somewhere. Friend request sent.
  • KiraLake
    KiraLake Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I added you! It def is nice to have friends and that extra support to help through this!! Good luck!! :)
  • Cocoa17
    Options
    Just getting started, too! Would love to support and share the ups and downs of losing with you!
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    You can do this! Focus one day at a time!! Friend request sent!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    request sent!
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. Everyone needs inspiration, motivation, and support. Take one day at a time and do not be too hard on yourself. Think of this as a JOURNEY not necessarily a DESTINATION.

Also, remember to have fun. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed.

MyFitnessPal has enabled me to learn what my limits are and because of that I make better meal choices. Some people ask how can I count calories, but I wonder how they CANNOT count them. We have to be accountable. Slice of cheesecake, then I am going to work out to burn off those calories. Sensible veggies and lean protein for lunch, I can skip my workout that day. It's about balance.

Be well and friend me if you like.

Best wishes on your fitness journey.
  • dmcgeegrimme
    Options
    i just joined today also - we can all do this together!! stay strong- i just went for a walk- enjoy something today that makes you feel good about your self! walk, run do a few sit ups!! get moving it will be a great first day
  • pfryern
    Options
    Hi everyone....I'm right here with everyone else, trying to find my way through this.....looking for others to share journies....Please send me friend requests, so I can team up with all of you and help in anyway I can.
  • jasonmudd9
    jasonmudd9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I don't know many people active here.
  • RandomDude50
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm looking forward to talking to all of you.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    What the heck. Request sent. :}
  • garyolson43
    garyolson43 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Need support and motivation add me as a friend.

Gary
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you don't mind crazy people. :)
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    request sent! anyone else looking for another "friend", add me :) have a great weekend! WE CAN DO THIS THING.....called saying NO to the "bad food" its just gonna take some self-control and a few tantrums :)
  • Damianplaza
    Options
    I started a week ago too, and have 2 friends on here. One through the site and the other a real life everyday friend. Hope you can add me and anyone else can add me to if its for support.
  • RandomDude50
    Options
    Requests sent! Thanks everyone.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... and that goes for everyone =) The more friends I have, the more people who look at my stuff, the more accountable I have to be!

This site is my new obsession, I hope it works wonders for you as it has for me =)

Good luck on your journey! <3
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... and that goes for everyone =) The more friends I have, the more people who look at my stuff, the more accountable I have to be!

This! ^^^^^^

Add a few people here. Hope it's ok!