Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
My 9 year old son keeps walking around randomly singing

"wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!"

While wiggling his booty.

And then singing

"I'm sexy and I know it!"

And posing like a wannabe Jersey Shore cast member (but blonde and not tan).
018-2.jpg

Replies

• Hayesgang
    Options
    Little bit of both:

Creepy - Jersey Shore show (they are foul and give Italians a bad rap)

Cute - Singing LMFAO, "When I'm at the beach I'm in a speedo tryin to tan my cheeks - I'm sexy and I know it"
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Little bit of both:

Creepy - Jersey Shore show (they are foul and give Italians a bad rap)

Cute - Singing LMFAO, "When I'm at the beach I'm in a speedo tryin to tan my cheeks - I'm sexy and I know it"
    For the record - my son has never seen Jersey Shore, but my stepbrother is Italian and even though he's inching towards 40, he still dresses like (and occasionally acts like) a Jersey Shore guy.

And yes, he knows all the words to that song. Not sure how, since I don't listen to it at home, but he does!
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    That's funny - I lived it Italy for awhile and our image of Italian men ("guido's" if you will) don't exist over there - Way to much Soprano's.

That song is catchy - he's got good taste in music.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I think it's cute! I think kids don't understand what they are singing sometimes. When I was little
    I use to sing the lyrics to Cherry Pie by Warrant and had no idea how dirty it was until I listened to that song when I was older.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I think it's cute! I think kids don't understand what they are singing sometimes. When I was little
    I use to sing the lyrics to Cherry Pie by Warrant and had no idea how dirty it was until I listened to that song when I was older.

Haha Ana ... if you were a Warrant fan you might remember she song "Sure feels good" ...

"we wont be able to walk tomorrow so we might as well do it some more"

Mom heard me sing that and asked me what it meant ... I said they must have been playing really hard! :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You should show him this version of the song, it's much better.
    Santa and I Know It: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8yJogJEEM&feature=g-all&list=PL5EB2FB897017AC0E

:laugh:
  • aprilkida
    aprilkida Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What's even more creepy is when I was in 2nd grade, my friends and I would go around singing "Let's talk about s*x baby, let's talk about you and me". Looking back on it, I'm horrified! I don't know what I would do if my son (now 2) came home singing something like that!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Cute. Definitely cute. :heart:
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old Godson wanted the LMFAO CD for Christmas. Since I just downloaded it onto my ipod, I had to say to his mom, in a loud shout..."H*!! no!!!" I love them to run to though. Cracks me up. And I think all the kids love Sexy and I know it...but the rest of the CD? Not ok for my GS anyway!
  • wyld4eva
    wyld4eva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old son does the same thing but then... he got his whole after care class singing it too. When the teacher spoke with me about it I told her to talk to thier bus driver because that is where he learned. I agree with the comment of cute because they really don't understand what or why they are singing it.
    ps I grew up with cherry pie and from the day I heard it knew what it meant ;) RIP Jani Lane
    oh and by the way my 10yr older sisters when I was about 5 made me sing ac dc big balls and chuck berry's my ding-a-ling to my grandparents one day....oh boy did they get in trouble LMAO
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old son does the same thing but then... he got his whole after care class singing it too. When the teacher spoke with me about it I told her to talk to thier bus driver because that is where he learned. I agree with the comment of cute because they really don't understand what or why they are singing it.
    ps I grew up with cherry pie and from the day I heard it knew what it meant ;) RIP Jani Lane
    oh and by the way my 10yr older sisters when I was about 5 made me sing ac dc big balls and chuck berry's my ding-a-ling to my grandparents one day....oh boy did they get in trouble LMAO

ROFL at the My Ding-a-Ling reference!!

Yeah I dont think the LMFAO CD is appropriate ... but I do love the "Flash your **ties song myself to run to"
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    my 11 year old son does this all the time too!! lol, it's both creepy and funny, but not cute lol
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Cute- I think all kids do that stuff. I remember saying inappropriate stuff like: singing about Hootchie Cootchie's (thanks Alan Jackson) & I used to call our cats p*ssy(Mom really freaked out on that one) Now I think oh gosh, how embarrassing! :laugh:

Now it's my own kids I think I finally got them broke but they over heard their Dad's friend playing some of his music & started going around singing " YOU'S A HO!" - So embarrassing when we go to my fathers house & they are running around singing that:embarassed: I don't even listen to that type of music!..:laugh:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old Godson wanted the LMFAO CD for Christmas. Since I just downloaded it onto my ipod, I had to say to his mom, in a loud shout..."H*!! no!!!" I love them to run to though. Cracks me up. And I think all the kids love Sexy and I know it...but the rest of the CD? Not ok for my GS anyway!

LMFAO is my favourite band, but I definitely wouldn't give the CD to my little cousins.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Cute and harmless I think..what a little cutie pie you have there.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    haha cute! he must be a very entertaining kid
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    When a 9 year old does it, it's cute. When a 19 year old does it, not so much....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My older brother was RedFoo for Halloween this year, and it's still cute at 54 years old. :laugh:

(In the Party Rock Anthem outfit, not the Sexy and I Know It speedo. That would have required brain bleach because he's my brother.)
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    When a 9 year old does it, it's cute. When a 19 year old does it, not so much....

Agreed!!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    ChiIdren get a pass to say and do odd things and aduIts find it humerous, now an oIder teenager or aduIt maybe be categorized as a creeper