Soooo close to losing it......

Options
Official weigh in day and I have put in another pound. now 148. this totally sucks!!!!!

Basically that's now 0.5 lbs per week since i joined, on a measly 1300 calorie diet. gutted!

sorry guys on a real downer, i am off to exercise before i comfort eat and put it all back on again....

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Hold your horses there, sista, and step away from the "comfort" food - is that really going to make you feel better? Nope. Hear me out for a minute :)

Have you tried making any tweaks to your diet? Some people lose better when they set their MFP goal to 1-1.5 pounds per week. Adding more veggies? Drinking more water? What kinds of exercises are you doing? Also, how long have you been on MFP and closely monitoring your intake? Your original post wasn't very clear, not sure if you've lost or gained .5 pounds? If you are losing half a pound a week, don't fret! Sometimes it goes slower for some people, or maybe, like me, you need a few weeks before a good "whoosh" happens and things get moving.

Don't give up, and don't sabotage yourself. It's not always a straight and level road - sometimes you gotta jump some hurdles, but it's always worth it at the end! :)
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I noticed you have joined almost 1 year ago so no wonder if there is some plateau on your way, we all have them! If you have got well ahead and this is the first one, you have been very very lucky :-)

Here's some ideas what might help:

How about trying this trick I read from another post few days ago (has worked well for many!): put your MFP goals to "Maintenance" for 1-2 weeks instead of losing and let your body learn that your current weight is the normal one. When your metabolism balances right there, you should start losing some again when you change your goal back to losing mode. Worth of try!

If you have a small kitchen scale, you could check for a while your food amounts - we easily start estimate portions smaller than they actually are and in that way estimate calories wrong.

Are you eating all your calories, also the exercise calories??? If not, try to get the calory intake to the right level so your body is confident it gets enough food and no need storing fat like nobody's business. Some more experienced ones have adviced that best is to stay as close as +-50 cals of your daily limit every day.

Do you get accurate exercise calories for your height, weight and age or are you taking them from some general table? HRM should give you closest numbers to your real calory burn to eliminate errors up or down.

Have you been for long doing same kind of exercises? Your body and muscles might have got so used to them that you don't burn with them now as much calories as in the beginning. Try new kind of sports, new kind of exercises, use bigger weights in strength training, do intervals.

Try different tricks to get a new boost and hope you'll find the one working for you - good luck!!! :-)))
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary and you are not tracking proteins only carbs and fat. try altering your diary and goals to include proteins. Start with 40% carbs and 30% fats and protein. Your body needs protein to build musscle and repair
    tissues. Also try bmi-calculator.net to get your body fat percentage and see if your goals are realistic
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    Thanks lovely people. I feel a little better now. Just getting my knickers in a twist! it is bloody demoralising though when you were 146 and even 145 and then back up again it makes you feel rubbish!
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    muscle weighs more than fat but takes up a lot less space go by the way your clothes fit
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Search for "Olivia Method" in the groups section.