what made you want to lose weight?

Options
I saw my picture 6 months ago, in a red shirt, looking fat and sassy...like the Kool-Aid guy.

I went through so much craziness, even a 40 day water fast, I almost died; but my long road out of hell led me to MFP and a healthier existence.

out of curiosity, when was your "moment" when you realized, "Damn, I need to lose weight"?

Replies

• fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Honestly when I realized I had no motivation and a friend said that she needed to find some before she never changed. So really it was a friends intent to change for herself.
  • mylilyflower
    Options
    I;ve known for a long time that I needed to. It took finding out I have type 2 diabetes and a fatty liver to kick my *kitten* in gear.
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight my whole life but over the time I had my three children it slowly crept into obese. I always felt like I should do something about it but never really had the interest and I had always been told I'm naturally big so kind of used that as an excuse.

Then during my third pregnancy I was diagnosed with gestational diabeties and was put on a strict diet. I had him Sept 2010 and didn't really do much about my weight after giving birth it wasnt until I went for a follow up appointment at the diabetic clinic and saw the weight say 210lb that I realised I had to change. Plus the fact I'm at higher risk of developing diabeties due to having it in pregnancy. So I joined a similar site to this (but you had to pay for it) in February then found here and the rest is history.

I've also found out that I'm not big bones I actually have quite a tiny frame so I've learnt never to listen to the false kind words of people close lol
  • Mennassey
    Mennassey Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to lose weight for a long time. But what really got me was when my boyfriend wanted to go out one night. I did my makeup, and then put on my clothes, and then looked in the mirror -____-. That is when I said 'things have to change'.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old.. "Can fat people hop?
    Me: "Yeah..."
    5 year old.. "Show me then."
    :sad:
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    I've struggled with my weight since 8th grade and all through high school I had self esteem issues due to my ex... I dated him for almost 5 years and we always went out to restaurants and never watched what we ate... In the end we broke up and I weighed myself I was 221. Decided that was enough and it has taken me awhile to get under 200 and now I am at 193... Still have alot to go but I want to get my life in order... :)
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    My family, longevity & vitality!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I always knew that I was overweight and needed to lose some, but I was too lazy to do anything about it. And then I decided to go up some stairs...not even a big flight of stairs either...and I was winded at the top. I was mortified. I thought everyone was looking at me. I stepped on the scale, which is something I never did because I knew it wasn't going to blow smoke up my @$$ and say "120" or something, and I cried because it was close to 200 pounds. I was at a friends' house, and the entire event happened because the bathroom was upstairs...
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I always knew that I was overweight and needed to lose some, but I was too lazy to do anything about it. And then I decided to go up some stairs...not even a big flight of stairs either...and I was winded at the top. I was mortified. I thought everyone was looking at me. I stepped on the scale, which is something I never did because I knew it wasn't going to blow smoke up my @$$ and say "120" or something, and I cried because it was close to 200 pounds. I was at a friends' house, and the entire event happened because the bathroom was upstairs...
    You are some awesome modivation! Great work!