Red Robin. Yuuuuuuuuummmmm

Options
Ok, so we are going to Red Robin for lunch. I am going to be getting my favorite, the Whiskey River Burger with Boca patty and french fries. So I went to the website, and it calculates your meal for you. The total? 1600 calories! I am still laughing. I'm still going to eat it, though. I've been pretty on track all the other days. Are there any restaurant meals that anyone else has gone to calculate and nearly fallen out of his or her respective chairs?

Replies

• stronglikebull
    Options
    if you get it lettuce wrapped the total drops by 400-500 calories. their buns are NUTS.
  • babykanguruh
    Options
    Good idea, thanks!!!!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    they also use their fry seasoning to cook the burgers, you can nix that and save a metric ***kton of sodium too haha.. their customizer is really great because it tells you everything they use to make the burger, including stuff that doesn't show up on the menu and it gives you the calorie count + macro nutrient levels for each piece. seriously one of the best tools of any restaurant ever.

aaaand now i want a burger.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend sings that song ALL the time. I know MFP has some calorie data for Red Robin.
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    I used to go to Red Robin's after work when I was a teenager and have the Clucks and Fries at like 11 at night, after having dinner at work. I never cared about the calorie count, and only recently I checked... It came in at about 1200-1400 calories per order :laugh:
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The Whiskey River BBQ Burger or Wrap used to be my Red Robin go-tos. That is, before I joined MFP and started counting calories. My old meal of shared appetizer, burger or wrap, fries, and boatloads of honey mustard sauce WAS OVER 2,000 CALORIES. Holy $%^&! Last time I ordered the Avo-Cobbo Salad, no olives or tomatoes, with light ranch and a small side of fries (I mean really, what is a trip to Red Robin without the fries?). It was amazing! I couldn't even finish the whole thing. I didn't even eat the bread because I was so full from the salad and fries. I was extremely satisfied because I got to have an "indulgent" salad with chicken, bacon, and bleu cheese AND I got to have fries! No honey mustard, but I actually didn't miss it. Best part? The whole meal was 720 calories! Whoop!
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I did the same research before going to RR. Amazing what changing a couple things will do to the calorie count! It's great to be prepared. Here in NYS a few of our counties require calorie count on the menus and that helps. No wonder so many people are overweight!!!! When they eat out they are often getting their entire day's calories, plus some, in one meal!!!! I've learned so much by recording my food that eating out is much easier. Half portions and/or appetizer (chosen carefully) as my meal does it just fine. :happy: