I can't stop showing off.

Options
And I'm sorry if I'm annoying. Haha, I'm just too f-ing proud of my success.

Tomorrow is my 22nd birthday. In my 21st year I've accomplished many things:
-4.0 GPA baby!
-employee of the month :)
-3 different jobs! lol
-adopted a baby (a cairn terrier dog lol)
AND
-I've lost 62 lbs

the last one is the one I'm most proud of. It's the one that has had the greatest effect on my quality of life. I'm healthier, more confident, happier, and I finally love myself. I almost can't believe I did it. I'm so impressed by my commitment and determination to get this done, because I was such a slob before! I'd eat pizza in the middle of the night, and the only form of exercise I'd get was walking from the kitchen to the couch.

I honestly mean that if I can do it, ANYONE can. Anyone. Trust.

Here's to a succesful 22nd year of life, too :drinker:

PS: Monday I will post pictures from my 21st bday and pics from this year's birthday. Prepare to have your mind blown :)

Replies

• Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    You should be proud, you look fantastic!
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    That is terrific!!! :D
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    You should be proud!!
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Those are all amazing accomplishments! You should be proud! I would be walking around with a T-shirt that states all those things. LOL. Congrats!!!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    You should be proud of your accomplishments. I know since I've lost 50lbs, I like to show off a bit.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Congrats on aII the accomplishments
  • Jillv086622
    Jillv086622 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! It sounds like you've worked very hard! You deserve to show off!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    LMBO!! Heck, why not!! Those are amazing accomplishments! Congratulations!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    And here's the deal ... speaking from someone who has more than twice as many trips around the sun as you - it only gets better!!!

Congrats on such amazing accomplishments.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    How I wish to write one like this when I turn 22!
    Yay baby! I don't see a reason of not flaunting! :D

Kudos!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    And I'm sorry if I'm annoying. Haha, I'm just too f-ing proud of my success.

Tomorrow is my 22nd birthday. In my 21st year I've accomplished many things:
    -4.0 GPA baby!
    -employee of the month :)
    -3 different jobs! lol
    -adopted a baby (a cairn terrier dog lol)
    AND
    -I've lost 62 lbs

the last one is the one I'm most proud of. It's the one that has had the greatest effect on my quality of life. I'm healthier, more confident, happier, and I finally love myself. I almost can't believe I did it. I'm so impressed by my commitment and determination to get this done, because I was such a slob before! I'd eat pizza in the middle of the night, and the only form of exercise I'd get was walking from the kitchen to the couch.

I honestly mean that if I can do it, ANYONE can. Anyone. Trust.

Here's to a succesful 22nd year of life, too :drinker:

PS: Monday I will post pictures from my 21st bday and pics from this year's birthday. Prepare to have your mind blown :)
    Congrats to you!

I would only caution saying "anyone" can do it. There are many that can't (EX: people who are recovering from accidents, illness, etc.). Working in a Wellness Center, I see many people who are very overweight, but are unable to physically do much and it's sad to watch them slump into depression. We try our best, but not everyone will lose the weight. And if they heard the statement "if I can do it, anyone can" it usually makes them feel less than their peers.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • missy32806
    missy32806 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You have lots of reasons to show off, enjoy it!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Great work, your profile pic looks awesome!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    You have much to be proud of, not the least of which is your weight loss. You look great, keep up the good work.
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    You look great keep showing off!!! lol
  • JellyPrz619
    Options
    wow very impressive!! i would be showing off all that hard work too!! awesome!! cant wait to see your pictures tomorrow! happy early bday! you rock!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Superstar! Make this next year a great year too!
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options

I would only caution saying "anyone" can do it. There are many that can't (EX: people who are recovering from accidents, illness, etc.). Working in a Wellness Center, I see many people who are very overweight, but are unable to physically do much and it's sad to watch them slump into depression. We try our best, but not everyone will lose the weight. And if they heard the statement "if I can do it, anyone can" it usually makes them feel less than their peers.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

...I'm pretty sure people get the idea...
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    That is fantastic....way to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!