Knowing when to stop

Options
For those who are near or at goal weight, how do you know when to stop and how to change your goals?? I am pretty much at the weight I thought would be a healthy goal for me, and need to figure out where to from here. Obviously I have other fitness and strength goals, but would be keen to hear from other who either are or have successfully transitioned to the next stage.

I guess I am mindful of not falling into the trap of "one more pound" and ending up taking the weight loss too far.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. I'm 6 pounds away from my goal and not sure if I should go for another 5. =\ same with the fitness goals. But now that I'm getting closer I'm much more anxious because I'm not as "thin" or as good looking as id hoped or maybe that's an excuse because I'm afraid of what maintenance has in store!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much at my goal of the 170 to 180 lb range. Now I just keep up the exercise to build cardiovascular health and strength.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Just know that nothing is carved in stone. Maintain for a while, and if you're not happy down the road, you can always tweak things a little more.
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I am at goal now and struggled with the same thing. I just kept thinking 5 more pounds, but ultimately I am happy where I am and will now focus on maintaining and strength training. I just want to be as healthy as possible.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    im at my healthy weight, my goal now is to gain a few inches of muscle and then do a cutting phase. Weekly though, i set goals of mileage daily, more weight on certain moves, things likd that.