Been invited out for drinks. HELP!

Options
I've been invited out for drinks tonight (my friend is really down) but i'm terrified to go out because of the empty calories, I have avoided alcohol for the last several months for this reason. I don't want to sit their like a square and drink water. HELP!

What is the best drink to have?

Replies

• fmeisele
    Options
    You have plenty of cals left today. One regular beer is around 125 cals, nurse it, have two at the most. One evening of a few empty cals is not going to ruin all your efforts to this point and derail your train from continuing to chug along to your goal. Be conscious but don't sweat it.
  • BulldogCNM
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the blood mary..just ask for extra tomato juice on the side top off your bev and nurse it all night. Tom juice is LOW in calories! Or just one Rum and coke same thing..ask for a Tall glass with a lot of ice and diet coke :) Good luck!
    -E
  • fmeisele
    Options
    Oh I didn't answer your question. I think a light beer is best, low on cals and fills you quick. Although a mixed drink has a shot that will probably be a few less cals then a beer, the mixer will probably have many cals. So I'm for a beer or two.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Enjoy. What do you like to drink? Have a glass of wine. A rum and diet coke. And if you seriously can't handle it, get a sparkling water with lime. No one will know the difference.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    White wine is fairly low too, start with a glass of water, then have your drink and then another glass of water, and another drink if you so desire! You will be fine!!! Now worries, your friend needs you, go and enjoy yourself.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I've been invited out for drinks tonight (my friend is really down) but i'm terrified to go out because of the empty calories, I have avoided alcohol for the last several months for this reason. I don't want to sit their like a square and drink water. HELP!

What is the best drink to have?
    I usually drink a glass of white wine or a vodka with soda (soda has no calories). If I have a few more extra then i go for a champagne cocktail (like Kir Royal).
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Go out and enjoy yourself over a few drinks. Rum and diet coke, vodka martinis, or a couple beers won't ruin your diet. Just be aware that drinking lowers your inhibitions (duh) so once you've imbibed it might be harder to resist other caloric nightmares like bar food.

Also, be safe, don't drive.
  • GymBunny86
    Options
    Thankies peeps. You have given me a lot of options :-)

I am less worried about waking up tomorrow having gained back the half a stone i've just lost :p
  • GymBunny86
    Options
    I didn't even consider the 2:00am 'shall we get a burger and chips' routine :s
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I say clear liquor is best--my go to drink is a vodka and diet tonic. If they don't have diet tonic get the lowest cal mixer you can get. Soda water is a good option but I think it's gross. I usually get vodka tonic and sip on it awhile. Avoid stuff like margaritas and long island iced teas. Just keep it simple and you should be fine. If you're a beer gal, Bud Select only has 99 cals!