Anybody got any low cal Christmas dessert recipes?

Options
So next week my friend and I are bringing a dessert to a meeting... It's Christmas themed, and I NEED to stick to my plan. I am so close!!! so something with a little Christmas touch and low fat and cals would be GREAT! thanks so much in advance

Replies

• Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    check out this blog:
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

She has tons of low cal healthy desserts!
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    How about a low fat/lower sugar trifle? Use angel food cake, sugar free pudding- flavor of your choice, fresh or frozen fruit (for Christmas raspberries or strawberries would be nice) and no fat or lite cool whip.... I'd get 2 angel food cake loafs- tear it into pieces- layer one on the bottom of a large bowl or small punch bowl. Make 2 small sugar free pudding packages with skim milk-(I make them separately)-- chocolate or cheese cake would be decadant!. layer one make up box of pudding over angel cake. Next is fruit. Then cool whip- I'd get 2 regular size containers- then layer all over again. drizzle some chocolate syrup over the cool whip- top with a few pieces of fresh fruit or whole walnuts- and waaaalaaaaaaa! Decadent- but low cal!
  • bkfarnsworth
    Options
    Thank you so much.. I will try it for our family Christmas party.
  • diana160
    Options
    Take berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries) add seeds from a pomegrante and spritz with lime and a little sweetner. Top with Light whipping cream.....So good.....
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I make my trifle with peach jello and a combination of peaches and mandarin oranges. Mmmm
  • shenderer
    Options
    This pie is delicious. My mother-in-law makes it and I thought I would try making it in a lighter version and it was delicious so here it what I did.

Chocolate cream pie

One graham cracker pie crust (you can do the reduced fat one)
    1 1/3 c Slim n Trim Ice cream
    1 1/2 c skim milk
    1 large pkg sugar free chocolate pudding
    Cool whip- I use the lite, or free

Mix together ice cream and milk unti smooth. Add pudding and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into pie shell. Refrigertae until set. Top with cool whip and refrigerate.

You could crush candy canes and sprinkle on top for a holiday look.
  • SahmReviews
    SahmReviews Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing social media outreach for a zero calorie carbonated flavored water (which shall remain nameless since I'm conveying an idea and not pitching a product.) We are currently challenging bloggers to lighten up holiday baking and cookies. They've been coming up with some amazing recipes using the flavored waters to replace juice, oil, eggs and milk (and of course, regular water) to add flavor while reducing calories.

So take a look at your favorite recipes and maybe you could do the same.
  • millerch88
    millerch88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just made these gingerbread cokies tonight and they are FANTASTIC. taking them to school tomorrow to share with hungry grad students.

I halved the recipe on the website and still got 55 cookies out of the dough. Which brought the total cals for each cookie to ~32 and ~1 g of fat.

They're a bit time consuming though since you have to let the dough chill for a few hours/over night so you can roll it out, but they're fun and delicious.

here's the recipe. http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=181660
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    low calorie red and green jello?
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Low cal christmas pudding frozen yoghurt:

http://www.skinnidipyogurt.com/christmas-pudding-frozen-yogurt-recipe/

216 cals per serving.

Serve in a tall glass with home made raspberry & cranberry sauce- yum!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I have a cheesecake pie recipe that's only 158 cals/serving. Message me if you want it! :)