Hey all, really needing support today.

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I had posted about this on the motivation/support board already but I am having a hard day, possibly the hardest day since I started this journey. (I refuse to call it a diet because it is a new lifestyle for me).

I have done very well since starting this process in September. I am down about 68 lbs and feel great. I had a couple of maintains during Thanksgiving and Christmas week, which I considered a success! Other than that I have lost steadily and healthy. I know that and yet I am just feeling horrible today because I had a bad weigh-in today. My "monthly visitor" (corny I know, just trying to spare the men the "P" word), came 2 days ago and I am extremely bloated to the point my rings won't even go on comfortably when they normally spin around loose.

Anyway, I was 202 last week (started at 270 in September) and was really hoping to hit my first HUGE goal in this, which was to see a 1 in front of my weight for the first time in about 4 years! I don't know why these things happen but I was actually up a stinkin pound. I know it wasn't because of food or lack of exercise because I eat great (not too little or too much), and I even upped my cardio by 5 minutes a session), so I know it is because of water weight, etc. It's just so hard to see the scale turn on me like it has and delay this huge goal that I have worked SO hard and SO long for!!!

I am realistic and know it's just a # and not an indication of how I am truly doing right now, but it does freak you out mentally sometimes!!

Thanks everyone. One good thing is that I took my frustration out on the elliptical and when I would have normally burned around 650 calories in 55 min, I burned 693 today in the same time out of pure revenge!!! LOL!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I had posted about this on the motivation/support board already but I am having a hard day, possibly the hardest day since I started this journey. (I refuse to call it a diet because it is a new lifestyle for me).

I have done very well since starting this process in September. I am down about 68 lbs and feel great. I had a couple of maintains during Thanksgiving and Christmas week, which I considered a success! Other than that I have lost steadily and healthy. I know that and yet I am just feeling horrible today because I had a bad weigh-in today. My "monthly visitor" (corny I know, just trying to spare the men the "P" word), came 2 days ago and I am extremely bloated to the point my rings won't even go on comfortably when they normally spin around loose.

Anyway, I was 202 last week (started at 270 in September) and was really hoping to hit my first HUGE goal in this, which was to see a 1 in front of my weight for the first time in about 4 years! I don't know why these things happen but I was actually up a stinkin pound. I know it wasn't because of food or lack of exercise because I eat great (not too little or too much), and I even upped my cardio by 5 minutes a session), so I know it is because of water weight, etc. It's just so hard to see the scale turn on me like it has and delay this huge goal that I have worked SO hard and SO long for!!!

I am realistic and know it's just a # and not an indication of how I am truly doing right now, but it does freak you out mentally sometimes!!

Thanks everyone. One good thing is that I took my frustration out on the elliptical and when I would have normally burned around 650 calories in 55 min, I burned 693 today in the same time out of pure revenge!!! LOL!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I bet you next week when "Aunt Flo" is gone, you will be under 200! Keep it up! You are an inspiration to me! I am looking forward to seeing a 1 in front of my weight also... a little farther to go!

you can do it!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • rh2008
    rh2008 Posts: 10
    Options
    You have come such a long way already. That is something to really be proud of.
    Hang in there!
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    Don't get too discouraged, its just your monthly.

Most people gain from 3-5lbs during this time. Some people even gain upto 10. Be excited that your not one of those ones:laugh:

*Big Hugs*:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. You have given me hope that I can lose 60 lbs by november for my wedding. You have come this far, I know you can make it all the way. My dr always tells me it is a marathon not a sprint! I want to kick her but I know it is true!

GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO IT!:flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    its really strange,, you posted something about wanting to be under 200 this week and i said i was exactly the same weight and couldnt wait to be under 200 as well..
    and now i am up 1 pound too because of that monthly thing !!!!!!!!
    and the thing is i wanted this under 200 thing so bad that i have been working out crazy for over 2 weeks sometimes 2h a day and been eating great too because i just wanted to be under 200

but think about it, you have lost more then 60 pounds so far, that is just incredible !! all that in a little more then 6 months !!!! that is 10 pound a month,,, its really amazing and you have work soo far until now. 1 little pound is nothing and beside you know exactly why its there and it will go down in no time and you will see that 1 in front of the number before in less then 1 week.

your hormones are making you feels down in depress, its all.
    we will make it,,, be strongggg
    :flowerforyou:
    may
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    Your hard work and dedication is a true inspiration to me.

When I get frustrated I just remember the bigger picture. Although, that day is all I can focus on I try to look at the road that got me there.

I suggest the same for you. You have changed your life! look at how far you have come! Another person mentioned this but I just have to reiterate it. When flo leaves you will be 200 or even less.

Look forward to the future and take pride in your past.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Be strong girl, you are such a inspirational person to us. You are always there to cheer us on and now it's our turn. You are doing so amazing...60lbs and still going strong. You will get through this hump and before you know it, you'll be posting that you've now have a 1 as your first digit.
    Stupid aunt flow, she always makes us feel bad!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    u have done such a great job so far! i know u will be in the 100's in no time, especially with those "revenge" workouts lol!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm right there, too. Keep your head up. You'll see that magic number next week. Just take care of yourself. No worries.:flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up hun. YEA to you for dropping so much already, think of all the positives in your life now not the negatives (I know it's hard) and remember with your period comes hormones which will probably explain why your feeling so down on yourself today! And I bet if you weigh yourself next week you'll be down in the 100's. I'm getting mine soon too, so I am going to try not to weigh myself haha. You're doing an awesome job, keep it up and do not let it beat you!
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Never give up!!! You have already lost the same amount of weight as a good sized child!!!! Next week when your woman time is over you will be feeling fantastic and happy that you never gave up even when it seemed like it wasnt working. NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!! You are amazing!!!!
  • alimac1972
    Options
    Your doing great! If you feel comfortable ask your doctor for some advice for the couple of days before your period about a water pill or something to help you through. Other than that there will always be a time in your life that you will find difficulty with a stress, water, etc. It's our goal in life and in weight to try and manage and succeed through it. It will always be a struggle and that's is what I believe that us weight managers are learning. We are trying to find a balance and succeed at our own personnel goals in weight and life. You are truly a leader in this fight with the weight that you have already lost.

On those days that things are hard it's time to maybe reflect and reset goals and do exactly what your doing being and doing the best you can! You will find that many aspire to be like you, and when you post your under 200 lbs. success WE will all cheer!
  • Funkystarr
    Options
    I bet for sure your going to be in the 100s next week! Especially with how youve been eating and exercising! Dont give up :flowerforyou:
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy Tamim....I know its disappointing to be that close but yet you haven't reached it. I know you have worked so long and so hard for it...but that doesn't mean you won't be there next week or the week after. Who cares??? YOU HAVE MADE IT....IT'S YOURS!!!! Be Proud...you deserve to be!

JUST Keep your faith and Keep up the Great work....Revenge is all the sweeter when you abuse your elliptical !:laugh:

'ONEDERLAND" is as close as next week's weigh in!!

(Psssssst ...... Monthly Visitor...his name is TOM (Time Of Month))
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the encouragement! I really appreciate it. I am not giving up at all. I would be insane to do that after coming so far. Besides, I KNOW I can do it. It just ticks me off when my body isn't cooperating!!

I am feeling a little better now. Just going about my day. Had a great workout, now I am eating a good lunch.

Thanks again everyone!! I hope I can post a celebratory post next week! Fingers crossed!