Can't lose a pound

Hi guys,

I posted this question in the fitness & excersire area and had a few responses. They were good responses, but I need more. If you think you have the answer, please let me know.

Here's the deal:

I'm 33 and 6'1" tall and weigh 217. I've been swimming for a couple of years and dropped about 20 pounds. I'm happy about that. But, I'm running my first mini-triathalon and I'm trying to drop 20 more before the event (six months away).

Since I've starting training for it (3 months ago) I have pretty much dropped zero pounds. I cannot figure out why. I eat even a little less than the calories I'm supposed to have and still can't lose any weight.

My workouts are:
M/W/F/Su Run/walk 3.1 miles/bike 8-12 miles
T/TH Swim 50 lengths
S Light workout or just rest

3 months into trainng I should be losing some pounds, but have not dropped any. Can anyone help me and tell me why? One person said I should incoporate weights to mix it up. Also, I think my matabolism has actually slowed down. My resting heartrate is 57 and my max is 200. I usually try to keep it between 150-165 for a strong workout.

Thanks in advance for your help. I read all these great stories about people losing weight and I would like to be one to.

Jason

Replies

• jason7
    jason7 Posts: 20
    Hi guys,

I posted this question in the fitness & excersire area and had a few responses. They were good responses, but I need more. If you think you have the answer, please let me know.

Here's the deal:

I'm 33 and 6'1" tall and weigh 217. I've been swimming for a couple of years and dropped about 20 pounds. I'm happy about that. But, I'm running my first mini-triathalon and I'm trying to drop 20 more before the event (six months away).

Since I've starting training for it (3 months ago) I have pretty much dropped zero pounds. I cannot figure out why. I eat even a little less than the calories I'm supposed to have and still can't lose any weight.

My workouts are:
    M/W/F/Su Run/walk 3.1 miles/bike 8-12 miles
    T/TH Swim 50 lengths
    S Light workout or just rest

3 months into trainng I should be losing some pounds, but have not dropped any. Can anyone help me and tell me why? One person said I should incoporate weights to mix it up. Also, I think my matabolism has actually slowed down. My resting heartrate is 57 and my max is 200. I usually try to keep it between 150-165 for a strong workout.

Thanks in advance for your help. I read all these great stories about people losing weight and I would like to be one to.

Jason
  • AndreaMMil
    AndreaMMil Posts: 165
    I eat even a little less than the calories I'm supposed to have and still can't lose any weight.

Jason

well there's your problem! with all the calorie burning you're doing, you've got to fuel that fire. if you don't eat your calories, including the ones you burn, your metabolism isn't going to let you lose the weight.
  • word!!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    I eat even a little less than the calories I'm supposed to have and still can't lose any weight.

Jason

well there's your problem! with all the calorie burning you're doing, you've got to fuel that fire. if you don't eat your calories, including the ones you burn, your metabolism isn't going to let you lose the weight.

ditto! It is a hard concept for me too, but you have to eat to lose. Just make healthy choices. Those Detour protein bars are good and they have whey protein in them. The triple layer flavor almost tastes like a snickers bar. Great way to get protein and add some calories to your diet.