SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! May 4th

Options
May 4th? Yikes. I think I slept through April entirely.

Today is a light yoga practice at home. I was in bed at 8pm and up at 3 am. What?:noway:

I'm proctoring final exams this week, so I'm hoping all the yoga will turn me into a little beacon of peace for my terrified students. Woe to them. Here's to no cheating. :drinker: I hate cheating, because most acts of cheating are so creative and resourceful that they could have channeled that energy into actually learning the material.

Test anxiety boogaloo.

Take care.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    May 4th? Yikes. I think I slept through April entirely.

Today is a light yoga practice at home. I was in bed at 8pm and up at 3 am. What?:noway:

I'm proctoring final exams this week, so I'm hoping all the yoga will turn me into a little beacon of peace for my terrified students. Woe to them. Here's to no cheating. :drinker: I hate cheating, because most acts of cheating are so creative and resourceful that they could have channeled that energy into actually learning the material.

Test anxiety boogaloo.

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    V, I hope testing goes well this week!
    I still feel gross this morning, and not in the mood to do anything. Alex is in an excellent mood however. "What are we going to do today? What are we going to do today?" His favorite new question, and it is asked several times in a row, several times a day. I try to come up with stuff to keep him satisfied but some times I just don't know! lol
    I may go for a walk and I need to clean up the house since it's out of control again. DH wants it clean but he doesn't help that much on the weekends which is when I need it most.
    I also need to take pictures of junk so I can put it on ebay or craigslist. I am hoping to move in a couple of months, so I need to get it done.
    I hope you all are feeling well today. I will check back in later.
    MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    V- Ironically enough I had to explain fibro to some friends this weekend... it really is hard when they don't understand the scientific/health terminology! I promise to continue educating others so some day you won't have to explain it! :flowerforyou: Hope you feel better soon.

I am ready for this next step in my training. I have a photo shoot on the 23, so 19 days to tone up/ slim down. I didn't have any pop last week until Friday night when everyone else was drinking... I drank almost an entire 2L by myself :noway: Then felt awful Sat, and had one can yesterday to help with the insane headaches. Feeling good today and ready for my workout. I'm thinking of starting two-a-days. Wake up, run, work, lift & run in afternoon/evening again. We'll see.

Melissa, I have to upload Ian's birthday cake pics... you'll appreciate my attempts at choo choo thomas!

Later gator!
    Arianne :drinker:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I tried the Rodney Yee Advanced yoga. It's too advanced - at least the arm balances are - I think elbow balance to chaturanga was my favorite to watch. However, I did two poses I've never done before:
    this one on blocks
    http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/2498
    and this one (but I didn't straighten my back leg):
    http://community.yogajournal.com/_Flying-Crow-Pose/photo/1764255/25925.html
    - and the picture of me is about as good as the one of her :laugh: speaking of *kitten* to the sun :laugh:

so I was quite proud of myself. Also had a great teaching class (15 people in it) and a compliment from the group exercise director, my boss. With Buddha's birthday homemade Chinese food for lunch and grilled veggie for dinner - it was a wonderful day.

Today: bike ride to store and bike to yoga.

Stronger, Better, more Flexible Boogaloo!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Wow, Mary, that's impressive (flying crow)! It's funny how things relate sometimes - just today during my walk I was trying to explain to a co-worker what yoga is (I'm sure my explanation was really bad), and fibromyalgia came up as well (another co-worker's wife had suffered from it a few years ago, although she is pretty well now). I also like your new pic (covered in cats). :happy:

Today is walk (done), and elliptical at the gym - probably WL's crazy intervals again. Oh, and I'll probably be cleaning, too, MM. My parents are coming in a couple of weeks, and I'm going to be away next week for work, so there's a lot to do and not much time to do it!

Gold star boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    V- Ironically enough I had to explain fibro to some friends this weekend... it really is hard when they don't understand the scientific/health terminology! I promise to continue educating others so some day you won't have to explain it! :flowerforyou: Hope you feel better soon.

I wanted to cry with gratitude when I read this. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

I was feeling very guilty about it the other day. . .saying it's "my fault because I can't handle stress" and my friend made the very good point that type-A personalities who have a heart attack "can't handle stress" either. We're all wired differently, I guess.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    easy 30 min jog then lifted for 45 min.
    on my second water bottle: knowing how dedicated many of you are to your fluids can someone quickly remind me how many "cups" a 1pt, 7.7 Fl. oz bottle is? (I suck with math that I haven't had since grade school) :blushing: :laugh:

Not sure what dinner holds, but ate bbq ribs, baked apples and green beans for lunch with two glasses of water! Yipee, starting to feel good from all the good behavior changes :glasses:

Have a great evening,
    Arianne
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    easy 30 min jog then lifted for 45 min.
    on my second water bottle: knowing how dedicated many of you are to your fluids can someone quickly remind me how many "cups" a 1pt, 7.7 Fl. oz bottle is? (I suck with math that I haven't had since grade school) :blushing: :laugh:

just under three cups (8 oz in a cup, 16 in a pint.):wink:

just don't ask me to convert it to metric. . .actually 250 ml per cup. (all my recipes are in american.:tongue: )
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Today's been a horrible eating day. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've just lost it. I don't feel well physically. I think I am anemic, but I'm not sure if that's what's causing all this. I'm run down, tired, and I just have no energy. Well, that's not exactly true. I did clean for two hours this morning, but after that I just plopped down on the couch. I don't feel myself at all. I really need to call a doctor tomorrow but I don't want to go. I am very modest and I don't want people poking around on me. :grumble: But I really need to go. DH called and said he just about walked out on his job this afternoon. The tension there has been mounting and he finally just let the bosses have it. Everyone was pretty shocked because DH just doesn't blow up like that. A couple of guys thought it was really cool that he did that. The bosses really respect my husband so they immediately started backing down and kissing rear. I guess I'm just under some stress today, so I am eating. Really hated sending the rest of the cake to Dh's work. :laugh: But I knew I would eat it all day if it wasn't gone. Instead I've just been eating everything else. I think once AF goes away I will feel good enough to at least start working out again.
    I needed to vent. You don't have to respond if you don't want to. I'll be okay. Just feeling sorry for myself. I told DH on Saturday that I want to sit down and eat a snickers blast from Sonic while watching the Biggest Loser Finale on Tuesday. Hmmm. Something doesn't sound right there. lol
    Thanks for reading. Love ya Pebbs! :smooched:
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    MM,

I get crazed when my special lady time is coming (and it is, just in case your misery loves company.:wink: )

It will pass. Give yourself a little break.:heart: