Polar F4

Options
I think I have finally caved....I'm not sure when I can get it, but I'm thinking of getting an HRM. You are all good salesman!

Does anyone have the Polar F4 (cute berry color) for women with chest strap? Amazon has it for 79.95 right now....it got good reviews on the site, but I tend to trust people here better. Also one reviewer said it's very inconvenient and expensive to replace the battery...has anyone encountered that? How long does the battery typically last?

Thanks!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I think I have finally caved....I'm not sure when I can get it, but I'm thinking of getting an HRM. You are all good salesman!

Does anyone have the Polar F4 (cute berry color) for women with chest strap? Amazon has it for 79.95 right now....it got good reviews on the site, but I tend to trust people here better. Also one reviewer said it's very inconvenient and expensive to replace the battery...has anyone encountered that? How long does the battery typically last?

Thanks!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I have the exact one, and have used it pretty much daily for almost a year. I LOVE it. It is super easy to use, and comfortable to year (just not during yoga class).

To be honest though, the replace battery symbol has been flashing for a few months now, but I am still using it as is. I have no idea how expensive the battery will be. I was assuming it would be like my old polar - just like replacing a watch battery - however my hubby looked at it, and can't figure out how the battery pops out! Anyone know about this?

Good luck and spend the $79! You won't regret it - it is new motivation for working out!
    :flowerforyou:
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY HRM!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Its a cute berry coloured F4 and its great.

I'm from New Zealand and the place I bought it from has told me I can get a battery changed for free. I'm assuming this is through Polar because that shop is a sports shop not watch repairs.

Enjoy your Polar:drinker:
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options
    It will be the best investment you ever made!

151375.png
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I am just curious the batteries last in the Polar F6?
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've had my Polar HRM for almost 2 years. I've replaced the chest strap battery a couple of times....that is easy and not too expensive. Replacing the actual watch battery seems to be a bit of trouble. You need to send it to Polar to have them replace it and send back. My watch needs a new battery but I just haven't had the time to send it back. You have to pay the postage and of course you will want it insured and all that.
    This is what I found at www.polarusa.com for charges.....

Below is a list of common battery replacement charges. USD$
    A, M, FS and F Series Receiver $12.95
    S, CS, RS and AXN Series Receiver $15.95
    Wearlink Transmitter $12.95
    S-Series Sensors and Footpod $12.95
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I just got a Polar F4 berry color from Sports Authority yesterday for $89.99, someone on here mentioned it will be another 15% off tomorrow for Cinco de Mayo, maybe get one tomorrow. I paid an extra $10 for a 15 month extended warranty on the watch. This means that even if the battery dies on it, they will not replace the battery they will replace the whole watch and give me a BRAND NEW one. Well worth the $10 IMO.

tlg314, I guess I never realized the chest strap had a battery. How do you know if/when it needs to be replaced?
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    tlg314, I guess I never realized the chest strap had a battery. How do you know if/when it needs to be replaced?

The display on the watch was fading and it wasn't reading my heart rate...sometimes it would just say 00
  • Chiny
    Options
    I just got a Polar F4 berry color from Sports Authority yesterday for $89.99, someone on here mentioned it will be another 15% off tomorrow for Cinco de Mayo, maybe get one tomorrow. I paid an extra $10 for a 15 month extended warranty on the watch. This means that even if the battery dies on it, they will not replace the battery they will replace the whole watch and give me a BRAND NEW one. Well worth the $10 IMO.

I tried to order another Polar F4 for my mom online from Sports Authority. I went to put in the 15% off coupon code and it told me that code does not apply to my purchase. When I read the fine print it says one of the exclusions are "select exercise/fitness equipment" so I guess I can't take advantage of their sale :sad:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Wow! Changing batteries in Polar products is expensive. I have a Reebok Precision XT with chest strap, and it takes inexpensive #2032 batteries that are under $2 apiece and I can change it myself. This seems to be how some companies make a boatload of cash post-sale...kinda like inkjet cartridges.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Wow! Changing batteries in Polar products is expensive. I have a Reebok Precision XT with chest strap, and it takes inexpensive #2032 batteries that are under $2 apiece and I can change it myself. This seems to be how some companies make a boatload of cash post-sale...kinda like inkjet cartridges.

I have the Reebok XT too and I think it's fabulous! Good to know that changing the batteries is somewhat afforadable!:drinker:

They're about half the price of the Polar and it works just as good!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my F6
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Please don't misunderstand me...I think Polar has great equipment. I compared the features of my Reebok against the Polar, and for the life of me I can't understand why they are charging so much for a HRM. My Reebok does far more than is required by me and does it perfectly.

BTW, Iceprincess. you can buy a pack of 2 (Everyeady 2032) batteries at Wal-Mart for under 4 bucks. One for the watch and one for the chest strap.
  • Chiny
    Options
    I have a question about my Polar F4 (or any other HRM for that matter)...for example today I went a combination of jogging/walking around my neighborhood. I hit start on the HRM and went for about 20 minutes. The minute I got back home I hit stop, came inside and THEN did a cool down. Should I be stopping my HRM after the cool down or right after the actual exercising like I did tonight? What about days I am just too burned out to do a cool down...my heart remains beating fast for a few minutes after I stop....
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Please don't misunderstand me...I think Polar has great equipment. I compared the features of my Reebok against the Polar, and for the life of me I can't understand why they are charging so much for a HRM. My Reebok does far more than is required by me and does it perfectly.

BTW, Iceprincess. you can buy a pack of 2 (Everyeady 2032) batteries at Wal-Mart for under 4 bucks. One for the watch and one for the chest strap.

I totally agree with you. I don't know why Polar is the rage right now. :wink: I guess cuz it comes in different colors?? :huh:

Thanks for the tip of the batteries. I'm really pumped about that. :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I bought my Polar F4 last week & it's amazing!!!! It challenges me & keeps me going! I'm a total gym rat now! I've been there for an hour and a half every night just because i want to keep going and going!

Enjoy!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this question has been asked before so I'm sorry if this is a repeat... Does anyone know what the difference is between the F4 and the F6? Other than about $60...? :laugh:
  • Chiny
    Options
    In the manual for the F4 it says that during exercise if you hold the watch close to the Polar logo on the chest strap it will show you the time of day. While jogging I hold it close to the logo on the strap and it doesn't show the time of day. Two lines keep going around and around as if it's searching for something. Is there a setting on there I need to adjust for this?
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    I've had the Polar F4 around 2 years, I think. I just took it to my local jeweler's to replace the battery. I'm not worried about water resistance, as I don't wear it swimming.

I've found you have to hold the watch just right to get the time. Otherwise just hit the button on the left side I think it is. It will give you the time, or let you see calories burned as you go.

I don't know what the F6 has that is different. Some synching to the computer maybe? I just want to see calories burned and target heart rate, so the F4 is fine with me. The only feature I wish I had was a light. Some mornings I would be jogging in the dark and wanted to check the time. (A couple of creeps on the road have kept me from jogging in the dark alone, so not much of an issue anymore.)

Anyway... I love the F4! But I don't know anything else, either.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have a question about my Polar F4 (or any other HRM for that matter)...for example today I went a combination of jogging/walking around my neighborhood. I hit start on the HRM and went for about 20 minutes. The minute I got back home I hit stop, came inside and THEN did a cool down. Should I be stopping my HRM after the cool down or right after the actual exercising like I did tonight? What about days I am just too burned out to do a cool down...my heart remains beating fast for a few minutes after I stop....

I have an F6, so far, loving it, showing actually calories burned compared to some estimates on website, or exercise machines.
    When I do any exercise, Power 90, or walk/jogging, I don't exit out of exercise mode until my heartbeat has come back down... ie after cool down or shortly after.