12 habits of the super fit

Options

Replies

• thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    100% dead on.

#1 and #11 used to hold me back the most. Then I stopped making excuses. I only had time to work out and pre-prepare meals if I made the time myself. And I found a way to exercise that I love.

I honestly love the process just as much as the results - perhaps more.

Thanks for sharing!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Great list. I keep reminding myself that I can excuses or I can have results but I can't have both.
  • Psychomasokism
    Psychomasokism Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    *COPY*, *PASTE*, *PRINT* thank you! this is true! and I know, but it's nice to keep it in the forefront of my mind.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Awesome - thanks for sharing!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    just putting this here so i can find it again. thanks dude
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    good stuff...
  • amyhac
    amyhac Posts: 11
    Options
    I like it!
  • Luthorcrow
    Options
    My trainer posted this on her Facebook page. I thought some of the points were great for everyone, not just the "super fit" so I thought I would share...

5. They tune everything out when they work out
    Focus. They know that anything you give your undivided attention to works out better. Being in tune with your body allows them to make tweaks, and know which tweaks to make.

http://12most.com/2011/10/21/12-fundamental-habits-super-fit/

I would love to underscore that one. Most of the people I see with personal trainers seem to be paying for friendship or gossip time then actually sweating. I guess if they have the cash and enjoy it's all good but it's annoying when they take up a lot of space and are not actually doing in real work.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    *COPY*, *PASTE*, *PRINT* thank you! this is true! and I know, but it's nice to keep it in the forefront of my mind.

Yep
  • DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    I love it!!! So true!!! I hate to hear people make excuses........especially when their health is negatively effected!!!
  • angelbeville
    Options
    My trainer posted this on her Facebook page. I thought some of the points were great for everyone, not just the "super fit" so I thought I would share...

5. They tune everything out when they work out
    Focus. They know that anything you give your undivided attention to works out better. Being in tune with your body allows them to make tweaks, and know which tweaks to make.

http://12most.com/2011/10/21/12-fundamental-habits-super-fit/

I would love to underscore that one. Most of the people I see with personal trainers seem to be paying for friendship or gossip time then actually sweating. I guess if they have the cash and enjoy it's all good but it's annoying when they take up a lot of space and are not actually doing in real work.

I just saw this! In weights class this morning. Ladies running around the room socializing instead of working out. And I thought "What are they here for?" I catch up with my friends before/after class.

Thanks for the post!
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I'm printing this out for my fridge, thank you so much for sharing
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    Nice one. Thanks for sharing!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Great read, thanks for sharing!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Golden! I've printed it and posted it right next to my Hannah and Olivia magazine shot! LOL Thanks for posting.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    I agree with an earlier response about the importance of #7.

Since joining mfp and logging in my calories daily,....I can easily look back and see a pattern,......when I prepare my food ahead of time and have a plan I stick to my daily goals.

On weekends especially, when its less structured, I do not have a pattern of sticking to my goals and either over eat or eat the wrong things.

Preparing for the day with snacks and meals is really key to being successful