How much is my fat *kitten* worth?

Options
I noticed I was spending less money now that I'm eating fewer calories and my body is drawing it's energy from stored fat cells. That got me thinking... what is the monetary value of my excess body fat?? How much is that gut worth?

I crunched the numbers and figured out that I spend $13.65/per day to consume 1800 calories. Divide $13.65 by 1800 calories and I'm spending less than a penny per calorie (0.758 cents/per calorie). Since it takes a caloric deficit of 3500 calories to burn one pound, each pound of fat on my body is worth $26.55. My goal is to lose 19 more pounds so I can get down to about 12% body fat.

In other words, my fat *kitten* is worth a grand total of $504... and at my heaviest (212 pounds), my body beer belly was worth $1,380!

So really... when I was smoking boat loads of reefer and eating pizza and Big Macs on a daily basis 6 years ago, I wasn't actually being a lazy, gluttonous pig... I was investing in my future!

Now tell me... how much is your fat *kitten* worth?

Replies

• savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the laugh!! I definitely needed it today! haha!
    Too funny!!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I'm curious at how much my fat *kitten* is worth too. My body has been craving maintenance, which is about 1950 cals a day. But I eat a fairly decent pescatarian diet erring toward the side of vegetarian most of the time. Plus alcohol on occassion, lol.

Interesting. Now I want to go do the math and average out how much my daily calories are. And since I do the shopping and get Killer deals most of the time, this could mean my fat *kitten* is actually pretty effing cheap.
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    That's too funny...
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm curious at how much my fat *kitten* is worth too. My body has been craving maintenance, which is about 1950 cals a day. But I eat a fairly decent pescatarian diet erring toward the side of vegetarian most of the time. Plus alcohol on occassion, lol.

Interesting. Now I want to go do the math and average out how much my daily calories are. And since I do the shopping and get Killer deals most of the time, this could mean my fat *kitten* is actually pretty effing cheap.

Lol that makes you a cheap *kitten*!!
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options

So really... when I was smoking boat loads of reefer and eating pizza and Big Macs on a daily basis 6 years ago, I wasn't actually being a lazy, gluttonous pig... I was investing in my future!

I love it thanks for the laugh :laugh:
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    I noticed I was spending less money now that I'm eating fewer calories and my body is drawing it's energy from stored fat cells. That got me thinking... what is the monetary value of my excess body fat?? How much is that gut worth?

I crunched the numbers and figured out that I spend $13.65/per day to consume 1800 calories. Divide $13.65 by 1800 calories and I'm spending less than a penny per calorie (0.758 cents/per calorie). Since it takes a caloric deficit of 3500 calories to burn one pound, each pound of fat on my body is worth $26.55. My goal is to lose 19 more pounds so I can get down to about 12% body fat.

In other words, my fat *kitten* is worth a grand total of $504... and at my heaviest (212 pounds), my body beer belly was worth $1,380!

I LOL'd... Thanks. Especially the reefer and pizza part...
  • mckaret
    Options
    If you'd ask my husband, which is apparently what he would prefer in the booty area, he would say ALOT! When I lose weight, he gauges it by my butt and determines "Your butt is not "badonka-donk-ey" anymore! Where'd it go?' That's when I know I'm on the right track. LOL! Thanks for the laugh today!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Oh my. :laugh:
  • mmacintosh321
    mmacintosh321 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you do sound like a cheap *kitten*... but it's okay, my *kitten* it getting less and less cheap every day. In fact, come to think of it, my *kitten* probably isn't worth much at all... I carry it in my belly... my $540 belly. :smile:
  • mmacintosh321
    Options
    PS: I'm glad to know there are people out there who appreciate my strange sense of humor! It is interesting, though, to actually consider how valuable storing fat must have been for our ancestors, wandering the Kalahari desert where the human race began. Like so many of our traits, they don't translate so well to surviving in the modern world.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I want to find out how much I'm worth, but I've got Arithmeticitticus., meaning I'm deathly allergic to math problems... ESPECIALLY word problems.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    haha
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    LOL xD
  • Elleebell
    Options
    So, does this mean we are sort of being paid to work our fat *kitten* off?
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Eeeeka! I love math! Your decimal's in the wrong spot though; it would be. 0075833 per calorie. That's so interesting. I don't keep track of the dollar amount I eat. Grocery bill is feeding 5 so it's a little trickier.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Somebody should invent a converter of some kind that draw the fat from our bodies to power cities or something.
    We go in weekly and "donate" like a plasma center less the addicts hanging around.
  • mmacintosh321
    Options
    Eeeeka! I love math! Your decimal's in the wrong spot though; it would be. 0075833 per calorie. That's so interesting. I don't keep track of the dollar amount I eat. Grocery bill is feeding 5 so it's a little trickier.

Nope -- decimal isn't in the wrong place... I changed the original figure from dollars to cents, so I moved the decimal point over two spaces. It's .0075833 dollars... which makes it .75833 cents.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    That's too funny.... I have noticed, however, that groceries are lasting longer.. don't have to run to the store as often, as we are going by actually serving sizes, and not just eating the whole package/recipe at one sitting.

Just think of all that money that you can now spend on something of real value, rather than in maintaining an expensive "beer belly" or "Junk in the trunk"...
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I don't know how much mine is worth, but I think that the more you kick em, the more expensive it gets. However, I have found that it actually pays to kick my own *kitten*. I try to collect that check as often as I can. So I got that goin for me. Which is nice.
  • ValMcB
    ValMcB Posts: 44
    Options
    Truly an inspiring question!
    I do know that what we are saving in butter we are spending on fruit. So am glad to have the "extra" cash to buy them! Love the fresh fruit and veggies!