HRM and calorie burn?

Me again. :tongue: I do a lot of DVDs at home because it fits into my schedule. I can't figure out what to classify them as. I like the new series by Bob Harper the best and they tend to be a combo of cardio and strength. I'm open to suggestions.

I've logged them on mfp but I'm not sure they numbers I get back are accurate. Do you have a HRM you recommend?

Thanks again!
Amy

Replies

• braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    I have a Polar HRM and I absolutely love it!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 926 Member
    Polar FT4 if you're really only looking for calories burned. Does the job and a great one at that.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I have a Polar FT7. Excellent peice of equipment.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Polar FT4 if you're really only looking for calories burned. Does the job and a great one at that.

I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. Great investment.
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member

I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. Great investment.

3rd'ing this one. It's no fancy extra stuff and just tracks your HR and calories burned along with time spent working out. I love it!
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    I just recently went through this (Last week)... I just got a Polar HRM and I love it... Research the different types of Polars if that is what you go with... Depending on what exercises you do there are specific ones for certain things...

Here is the link... http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products

this site was really helpful if you decide to go with Polar... I will tell you that from what I have heard and read so far.... Polar is top of the line...

Hope this helps...
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    I second (or is it I fourth?) the Polar FT4 recommendation. I LOVE mine.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    I have the Polar FT60 and I love it!! Found out that those workout DVDs were burning more calories than I thought they were!
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    I also have the Polar FT7 and I love it... It tells you when you are burning fat or just fitness... As you are working out... The strap is also comfortable...
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Like so many others, I have the Polar FT4 and love it. Works well and relatively inexpensive.
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    I run and have a garmin that takes care of both the HRM & Distances speed etc - love it! but probably its a waste if you are not going anywhere
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    The one I have is a Polar:wink:
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    I bought the polar ft4 on ebay with the HRM strap included for about £20, it hadn't really been worn at all, and it was so cheap!!!xx
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    After trying 2 others (both timex), I bought a polar FT7 and love it. Great investiment, it keep you more of an accurate reading.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    well i'm breaking the cycle here,lol i have a mio classic and so far i am liking it. I have found that before i had it i was just using the MFP numbers when logging and not losing weight. Once i have had my mio i realized my numbers were lower then what MFP uses and now i lost 1.5 lbs in a week. I was eating back too many exercise calories back that i hadn't actually burned. so, so far so good :)
  • bump
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Awesome, thanks everyone!!!! My fear is that mfp numbers might be too high for me too, Appreciate all of you!