Horrible, yet hilarious NSV

Options
MFPfriend
MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
So, normally I leave the door to my bedroom open. But since I'm not a responsible adult and I still live with my parents, I do have to deal with motherly "assistance." On this fateful evening, I come home from a babysitting job at 11:30 pm. My mother goes to bed at 8 pm every night, so I don't turn on any lights, for fear of disturbing her. I go through the entire house, all the way to the back, until I come to my room. It is still dark, and I'm confused, because I cannot see the light of the switch for my heated mattress pad. I figure it must have been turned off.

REMEMBER, I always keep my door open. Occasionally, my mother finds the uncleanliness of my room "unacceptable" and instead of cleaning my room, she just shuts the door.

So, long story short, I expect my door to be open, so I keep walking, and my nose and toes slam into the door.

Ouch.

Now you may be wondering why this is an NSV.

Well, about a year ago, I can tell you with the upmost certainty that neither my nose nor toes would have slammed into the door on such an occasion. No, one year ago, it would have been my stomach. But about 30 pounds down, and I now have the pleasure of no cushioning when I do stupid things like run into door. -.- Still an NSV. :)

So that's my story for the day. :) Hope everybody has a good night!

Replies

• Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    that is a hilarious story!! a great NSV indeed! :)
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    made my day :'-)
  • sailin4her
    sailin4her Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    way too funny but awesome at the same time :) keep up the great work
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Great, it made me giggle a little.
  • onefourone
    Options
    I love this story it is awesome
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    LOL - great job (with the weight loss, not slamming into the door in the dark!)
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That made me giggle :). Thanks for sharing your funny nsv and congrats! You may want to work on the clumsiness a bit now though... Without the padding you might hurt yourself! Ha!
  • Aprillsmith
    Options
    Hilarious!!!!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    LOL, that's a great NSV - you better invest in a little flashlight sweetheart!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    That is an AWESOME nsv! :bigsmile:
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    LOL - and if you'd eaten all your carrots as your mother told you to when you were a child you'd have been able to see in the dark too!!! :laugh: :tongue:
  • DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Aside from your tootsies and nose being a little sore, this is a GREAT NSV! You should get a keychain flashlight... ;-)
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    LOL good story!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    lol
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Tooo Funny!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm laughing so hard cuz I've been there! There's no cushioning when I slip on the carpet and fall on my *kitten* (don't ask how I slip on carpet, my Husbands never figured that one out either!)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    REMEMBER, I always keep my door open. Occasionally, my mother finds the uncleanliness of my room "unacceptable" and instead of cleaning my room, she just shuts the door.

So, long story short, I expect my door to be open, so I keep walking, and my nose and toes slam into the door.

Thank you for shareing your NVS, it was very humorous to include the above clip.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I actually LOL'd on this! Great NSV!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!