20lb loss, P90X phase 2, sorta... PICS!

OK, so I must start off by admitting that I am a procrastinator and a slacker. My original "before" pics are taken in Aug 2010...I was about to go away on a 4-week trip and thought "OK, I'm gonna start P90X and get in shape. Fast forward 8 months and I was still looking the same, never getting past doing one or two sessions. Then I had a personal crisis in April that shook me up and made me drop 10lbs in about one week (not a healthy weight loss, I know)....but making lemonade from those lemons, I decided to exploit that weight loss jump start and get serious about watching what I ate and adding more exercise to my life (I was doing about 3-4 days a week of Zumba, but my body had become used to it so I wasn't seeing any more results). So I started doing P90X and also adding in running, biking, or swimming from time to time. I'll admit MFP friends, I didn't stick with the p90X program religiously, so my results here could have been much better, but I'm still proud of myself. I've currently gone through phases 1 and 2, though sometimes I'd have to restart because I got busy or injured (had my foot in a "boot" for about a week in July). I hope to finish up phase 3 in the next month, and I needed to take these "after" pics to motivate myself to do just that! Thanks for taking the time to view my post!

Aug 2010:
DSC02169-1.jpg
DSC02166-1.jpg
DSC02170-1.jpg

Nov 2011:
DSC03384-1.jpg
DSC03389-1.jpg
DSC03388-1.jpg
DSC03387-1.jpg

Replies

• PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Well done! You look great!
  • Incredible transformation... I don't believe it was only 20lbs of fat though, I suspect you're carrying a lot more muscle now
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    great job. huge change
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    U look awesome... Good luck with ur contiuned success!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Awesome job! You look great. :smile:
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Fantastic change girl, keep it up!
  • Fabulous results! Congratulations. You look great.
  • Incredible transformation... I don't believe it was only 20lbs of fat though, I suspect you're carrying a lot more muscle now

Thank you! You are absolutely right tho, I did gain muscle. In fact, I recall doing a workout session in the gym (vice my living room where I usually do P90X) about 2 months ago and I saw my arms as I was doing weights and thought to myself, "those are MY arms?!?!?!" :)
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    LOL! Those are some great arms and the rest of you too! Fantastic job! You have done great!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    So great! You should be soooo proud!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    wow, great job gurlie! you look amaze! your smile says it all
  • You look beautiful and I bet you feel wonderful! You insprire me to stick with it! thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!