I can't control :(

Options
I have tried everything I guess.
Eating a bigger breakfast, eating small snacks, eating balanced meals
I just cant seem to get my control back like I used to..ever since I have restarted there hasn't been a day
that I was able to stay at even 1600 calories let alone 1400 which I am aiming for..
It's either I lose control after exercising or after dinner...
I have tried filling up with fruit but it just ups my sugar intake even more..
I see girls on here heavier than me eating way lesser calories than me..
What is wrong with me :(

Replies

• crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nothing is WRONG with you - changing your way of life is hard! First off - don't worry about the sugar from fruit just worry about refined sugars. Second: Make yourself a schedule and food plan for the day and stick with it - you can only loose control if you allow yourself too. I now it sounds funny, but a lot of what you have to overcome is within your own mind. You can do this!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    drink plenty of water, keep a positive attitude, and stay strong. change is HARD, but you can do it!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Try 1800 calories first and see if you can stay under that number. One step at a time, don't put too much stress on your body! Also, stop worrying about sugars. As long as you stay under your cals, you'll lose weight! And don't forget, you can eat back your exercise calroies.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with you. We all fall off the wagon. You just have to remember to hop back on. You also have to remember that what someone else's nutrition goals are may not be right for you. 1,400 cals while exercising is NOT a lot at all. If I ate that little I'd have 0 energy to do what I do physically. I'd be cranky, hungry, and fatigued. Perhaps you need to reasses your goals.

You should also start small. Start with changes you can live with, ones you can stick to. Then add in more later. When you try to change all at once you are setting yourself up to fail. Small changes produce life long habits!

What helps me not binge is already setting aside a specific caloric limit for the day for a "treat". My vice is chocolate. So I buy bags of the fun sized reeses and hershy's and have one after lunch and dinner (I'm a desert fiend!). It lets me feel like I'm getting away with something without ruining my whole day.

Also remember if you DO binge at one meal, to continue throughout the rest of the day on your "diet". Don't let it carry over to the next food time.
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have tried everything I guess.
    Eating a bigger breakfast, eating small snacks, eating balanced meals
    I just cant seem to get my control back like I used to..ever since I have restarted there hasn't been a day
    that I was able to stay at even 1600 calories let alone 1400 which I am aiming for..
    It's either I lose control after exercising or after dinner...
    I have tried filling up with fruit but it just ups my sugar intake even more..
    I see girls on here heavier than me eating way lesser calories than me..
    What is wrong with me :(
    Hi there, most likely there is absolutely nothing wrong with you but you might to like check if
    1. your food is nutritious and healthy enough to keep you feeling well. If it's not giving you enough vitamins, proteins, etc, your body graves more of anything and it's very difficult to resist when it's physical, real need.
    2. you consume enough calories. If your recommended MFP calories are 1400 and you burn 400 calories in exercise, you should eat 1400+400=1800 cals to keep your body functioning well. You'll still lose weight as planned by your set goals but in healthy way.
    3. there is always healthy choices to grab easily and fast from your cabinets/fridge when the urge hits to minimize "damage".
    Good luck!!!
  • secretangel
    Options
    I have tried eating 1600
    I have tried limiting to 1800
    It goes way far than that..
    So its not the issue of eating less
    Plus I don't exercise daily so..
    Yeah just lack of control still..
    Get to over this