How did I go from being a size 1, 105lbs to this....

Options
I feel like I did something wrong. Given I had two children, but all of my friends lost most of their weight. Given they aren't married, they go out and party still and probably out all the time... But still. I am 152lbs, 5'2 and not what I use to be. It gets to me. I don't have a jean size and I am a size large in shirts. I haven't bought a button up jacket in years :( I haven't seen a bikini since I was 16. It is really bad and to top it off I have a desk job, and a boss who loves to bring in fast food. ANY ADVICE?

Replies

• edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Best advise I ever got when I started my weight loss journey and I had a desk job was to move. Just move. When on the phone stand up. When you get a lunch break walk around the office. It will actually help you be more productive at work. Keep fruit in your desk for those snacks.You can do sitting calf raisers too. Just add a book to your knees if you need resistence. Little things will make a big difference. Don't give up! Good luck to you! Also, let your boss know you are skipping on the fast food and thanks for the offer.
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If in your area is a company who can delivery delicious, fresh fruit baskets to offices, tell about it to the boss and suggest you could try it for a healthy snack to give extra energy to your workdays. We had that for an year or so back in my old office and absolutely loved it! Fruits were always excellent and there was a good selection to choose from so it was never boring. It also helped me and my colleague manage our weights. :-)
  • nrimas
    nrimas Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't let what you can't do keep you from doing what you can do. Focus on your can dos - drink more water, move more.

I have found when I tell people I am watching my sodium intake, instead of my calorie intake, they don't give me such a hard time and try to sabotage me. So start watching your sodium intake!

Good luck to you!!