numbers

Options
As of today, I've been on MFP for 100 days (wow!), and since then I've lost 20 lbs (that's 1lb every 5 days!). I've lost ~5% of body fat along the journey.

On Thanksgiving day, I ran my first 5 K, in 31:43 min. This might seem as nothing for many people, but for a former couch potato as I am, it is HUGE. I run more than 10 miles a week now.

All those numbers look great, right?

Well... screw them.

Let me tell you what is really important to me: I'm happy and proud of myself now. I CAN RUN! And not only that, I'm LOVING it! I can see myself in the mirror and say "hey, I'm looking hot!" I can wear clothes that had been waiting inside my closet for months. I've met great people here, and I don't feel I'm doing this on my own anymore.

I'm not grumpy all the time, I don't want to just lie on the couch for a whole day. My boyfriend and I are getting along better than ever, and we'll be running our first half marathon next May.

I love this feeling. Numbers? Yeah, sure, they are nice and they help you stay on track and keep your motivation. But the way I feel it's really what has kept me going.

Last, but certainly not least, I want to thank all my amazing MFP friends. They have supported and encouraged me along the way, and I know for sure this wouldn't have happened without them.

If you're still here, thank you for reading.

Have a great Sunday! Best of luck on your journey. Believe me, it's totally worth it.

Dani

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!