Time to stop pretending, need some support to help

Options
Hi

I have decided today to stop the delusions and pretense that I am not that big, I am currently 284lbs and want to be down in the low 100's for my height, I know it will be a long journey but would really appreciate some support and help and in return I will aim to help you as well.
Feel free to yell at me if I go over my allowance or if I am missing for a few days, as think this is the only way I will do it.

Thanks

Rose

Replies

• mlke4258
    Options
    Alright Rose! Welcome and congrats on your decision to get in shape. I'll be watching. Good for you!!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hi Rose,
    I can to relate to what you've said as i use to be like you and hate shopping, it's got better since I've lost some weight so I'd be happy to support you.
    Friend request coming your way.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here Rose! Friend request on the way!
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    HI Rose,
    I understand how you feel. I have almost 200 pounds to lose. I know it can be overwhelming. We have to break it into smaller amounts at a time. I'm sending a friend request and will do all I can to encourage and support you. We can do this. There will be up and down days the things is to not give up and keep fighting for this.:smile:
    Stephanie
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This is the best site to get support. I started on here on knowing what to expect, but everyone is soooo great!!!!! Yes it might be a long journey but we are all here for you, and help you make it :bigsmile:
  • Karamonster
    Karamonster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Rose! I feel the same way. It's definitely overwhelming but the end result will be so very worth it. Believe in yourself and know that so many people especially on here believe in you!
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rose. Be true to yourself and log your foods. I'll keep an eye out on you and you do the same for me. I need a kick start regarding exercise. Sending friend request now.
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Rose!
    You can think everyone here as your friend and supporter, also the ones you don't have personal contact with. Most of us try our very best to help others, share experiences and tips that have helped us further. Just reading old success stories is such a great chance, there is so many who have done it with their own style and pace. Most I love the emphasis of doing this in healthy and patience way which helps us feel good about the journey. No need starving or risking your wellbeing - all to gain (expect weight) and nothing to lose (but weight)!
    Good luck!!! :-)))
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am told I'm a good friend and I always support and occassionally nag :P
    Welcome and congrads on your light bulb moment.
    Kimmy
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    First congratulations!
    It was hard for me to say it myself; I was FAT!
    F.A.T -- Fatal Awful Terrible....

And I wanted more in life, so I began my own journey. Lost 64lbs so far - 14 more to go!
    You can do this.
    Set your food calorie goal for a few lbs a week at first, then in 6 months, that's 50lbs GONE!
    After that, you might want to go to 1 lb, but this is all up to you. It's not good to go more than a few lbs a week and keep it safe. That's reality. And it's been shown that fast weight loss is usually packed back on with some extra lard - OUCH!

Anyway, start resistance and cardio exercises, and in time, you'll grow to LOVE EXERCISE - really.
    Again, you can do this - GOOD LUCK!
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you are taking the most important step by seeking help!!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Youve taken a great step in coming on here. Its such a amazing website, you will do just fine. Feel free to add me if you wish! x