What am I doing wrong?

Options
Can anyone offer answers as to what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to do to make things right?
I gained 15 stress induced pounds in a short period of 2 months. I can not seem to get any of the weight off, or figure out the correct plan to begin losing.
I've limited going out and drinking, I've started the gym (I've been attending over a month now) and attend 4-5 days a week spending 30-45 minutes on the Elliptical and 20-30 minutes of light weights and multiple reps. I am now counting my calories, and I do go over slightly here and there, but nothing crazy. I am limiting myself quite a bit from how I've lived for years, so I don't get it.
I've read forums of strength training and cardio, talks of sodium and fat....how do you know what's right for you because i thought I did. Any help would greatly be appreciated!
Kim:sad:

Replies

• chrisdaddino
    Options
    its the calories, you are consuming too many calories.. what is your weight loss goal? i have recently lost 33 lbs and know how to help you do it too. how many pounds do you want to lose? and what is your workout regime? with a few tips i can help you
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I don't think anyone can really tell you for sure without seeing your food diary. You may want to open it for a little while if you're looking for help. Good luck!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    There is nothing to get; you are in-taking more calories than your body burned. That's it.
    When you see your weight trending up, and your settings reflect a 1lb weight loss per week, lower your calories by 200 a day, then see where your weight goes. Keep doing this until you start losing.

It's simple math.
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Gee...help me too! My diary is open...I've come to a stand still. I'm 5'9'' weigh 179 and would like to get to 165?? maybe less?? I just changed my loss to .5 lbs a week. I eat all my calories" usually" and my exercise calories. Seems like alot of calories but I read on here eat more to lose weight so...would love your help too!! Jen:smile:
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Calories Consumed - Calories burned = Weight Loss or Weight gain, if your seeing a gain eat less or burn more
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    Gee...help me too! My diary is open...I've come to a stand still. I'm 5'9'' weigh 179 and would like to get to 165?? maybe less?? I just changed my loss to .5 lbs a week. I eat all my calories" usually" and my exercise calories. Seems like alot of calories but I read on here eat more to lose weight so...would love your help too!! Jen:smile:

your diary and the OP's diary are not open- it is very hard for anyone to help w/o seeing food diary/exercise logs.. check your settings, k?
  • BrowneJen
    Options
  • BrowneJen
    Options
    Sorry...my diary is now open...I appreciate any help getting me back on track!! Jen
  • Lazlocats
    Lazlocats Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Do you take any meds? Are you on BC pill?. These meds can make it hard to loose weight. Keep working out and watch all the processed foods. Eat as much raw foods as possible, add fiber to your diet. Take a good food based supplement. Get checked for Candidas. Do not drink your calories, no sodas even diet they are bad news. Try a more alkaline diet. Just don't stop trying keep up the good work you are doing.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have taken a look at your diary and have a couple of observations. You skip meals - never a good thing. Also your fat is high - go for low fast options. I use a 5% rule - if a food is more than 5% per 100g it is no! Your calorie total seems too high as well. I know it says to eat your exercise calories but if you are not losing weight then its too much for you. Suggest setting your calories to between 1200 and 1400 for a couple of weeks, continue to exercise and watch the fat content. That should work. And don't skip meals! Good luck!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    PLEASE READ THIS :

You need to give your body time..If you know in your heart your doing the right things then you will see results. Our bodies just need time. Also start measuring because your probably losing inches and gained muscle. When i first started working out i gained 10 pounds in the first two months. Then the third month i lost the 10 and then some.

Hang in there sweetie results will show soon enough. Try to relax.

Here is my Fav Quote ˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥Success is not a race, be patient and you will see results˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ copy paste it on your profile to remind you that everything is going to be okay and everyone's own bodies will go on there own pace:)

Sounds like your doing all the right thing too so hang in there xoxooxox
  • Dgaines54
    Options
    My standard advise is to

* Measure everything you eat. Get a food scale and measure the stuff. It makes it easy to see that my "apples" are actually extra large apples (3x the calories) and my standard bowl of cereal was really 2-3 servings and not one.....

* Exercise more. Walking is great. Try to do more?
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    its the calories, you are consuming too many calories.. what is your weight loss goal?

Agree, I had the same issue and said all the things you are saying, until I had to be real and actually know what I was eating. I measure everything I eat, no extra and don't eat back all your exercise calories, keep some in reserve. keep your chin up don't be discouraged. you can do this
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Starting to measure things was a massive eye opener to me! I had no real idea about portion sizes/calories (well I thought I did). I try and exercise every day - which is pretty easy now I have a dog, walking is great!
    Good luck to both of you x