Question regarding the Acai Berry Products!

Options
Sooo i got suckered in and got a month supply of these Premium Acai Berry Pills..... they are supposed to cleanse your body of waste and toxins and have a ton of nutrients/antioxidants yada yada yada. haven't taken them yet i was wondering if anybody had tried them, and if so how are they? I know they are all the rage right now ... sounds to good to be true lol. Looks like i might just be taking a light laxative? I'm not looking for the easy way out.. I've lost 30lbs since january with diet/exercise alone... i"ve plateaued and was looking for something that might pick things back up.... any help/insight would be great!! thanks :bigsmile:

Replies

• vhaymakerv
    vhaymakerv Posts: 37
    Options
    Sooo i got suckered in and got a month supply of these Premium Acai Berry Pills..... they are supposed to cleanse your body of waste and toxins and have a ton of nutrients/antioxidants yada yada yada. haven't taken them yet i was wondering if anybody had tried them, and if so how are they? I know they are all the rage right now ... sounds to good to be true lol. Looks like i might just be taking a light laxative? I'm not looking for the easy way out.. I've lost 30lbs since january with diet/exercise alone... i"ve plateaued and was looking for something that might pick things back up.... any help/insight would be great!! thanks :bigsmile:
  • Schaff
    Schaff Posts: 83
    Options
    I also got suckered into the free month trial supply of Acai berry. I am very opposed to taking diet supplements or anything like that, but I checked out the ingredients and did some research and I like that they are all natural. I have been taking it for three days, I got the Original Acai Diet pills, and they tell you to take 1 in the morning with an 8 ounce glass of water and do that same thing at night.

Since its day 3 I don't expect to see anything moving on the scale yet! But I will say that I have noticed a difference in how hungry I am and staying within my calories. Its a little bit easier, which is sort of exactly what I need right now! I have been on a plateau as well for awhile now so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it for 30 days.

Verdict, too early to tell, but I will respond back after more time has come by. I would say give it a try, I have not experienced a single side effect or anything. Good luck!
  • Schaff
    Schaff Posts: 83
    Options
    I also got suckered into the free month trial supply of Acai berry. I am very opposed to taking diet supplements or anything like that, but I checked out the ingredients and did some research and I like that they are all natural. I have been taking it for three days, I got the Original Acai Diet pills, and they tell you to take 1 in the morning with an 8 ounce glass of water and do that same thing at night.

Since its day 3 I don't expect to see anything moving on the scale yet! But I will say that I have noticed a difference in how hungry I am and staying within my calories. Its a little bit easier, which is sort of exactly what I need right now! I have been on a plateau as well for awhile now so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it for 30 days.

Verdict, too early to tell, but I will respond back after more time has come by. I would say give it a try, I have not experienced a single side effect or anything. Good luck!

118936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • smcopley
    smcopley Posts: 34
    Options
    I take Acai Berry & I love it!! It has boosted my immune system tremendously. I used to get sick all the time, but now (knock on wood), I have not been sick since I started taking it! :flowerforyou:
  • chandhole
    chandhole Posts: 45
    Options
    i love the juice. it's a great recovery drink. plus it tastes great. it's been known for a long time in south america as a very healthy drink. volley ball players drink it as a slushy during games in brazil all the time.:drinker:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It's basically antioxidants. It might not help you lose weight any more than a multiviatmin will, but it's not gonna hurt either.

Just watch for any side affects. Some of those brands will have other stuff added (like caffiene).

The colon cleanse is normally some kind of fiber pill so if it makes you go more often than twice per day or it gives you cramps like a laxative (it's not supposed to), stop taking it.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I almost got stuck with these pills too, exept that when they said that in 30 days I will be billed over $80.00, (unless I call and tell them I hated it) and then I will be sent the same amount every month and billed, I said HE*% NO....$80.00 vitamins. not worth it... I have been a sucker too many times. I really hope that you all will keep us informed of your opinions about this. it would nice to have an honest opinion. I hope it works, if so, it might be worth it. good luck.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I took them for a couple of days but had to stop because they were making me feel tired and I noticed Hydroxicut was listed. I ended up dropping down two pounds that night and it said to stop taking them if you lose more then one pound a day.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I took them for a couple of days but had to stop because they were making me feel tired and I noticed Hydroxicut was listed. I ended up dropping down two pounds that night and it said to stop taking them if you lose more then one pound a day.

what does the hydroxycut have to do with the Acai Berrry? I'm confused about your comment? did the acai berry make you lose 2lbs or the hydroxycut?
  • Dumspiro
    Dumspiro Posts: 28
    Options
    Yeah I was wondering about this too. I was recently sent an article on it
    e-foxnews.com/health/article79586-1/?968661
    What do you guys think?
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying anything bad about the acai berry products, but I've read that people are scamming others using these products.
    People that feel you got "SUCKERED" into a free trial.

IF they have your Credit card #, CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL.
    They will send you a month's supply and bill you every month. Usually when you want to cancel it, you won't be able to get a hold of someone, the phone number might be unlisted.

http://hubpages.com/hub/acaiberryscam
    Nothing is free. If you expect to get something for free, you are not living in reality.
    Acai berries are not the only thing available in free trials with automatic shipments. You can get DVD's, children's books, and even collectible plates like this. Acai berry free trials are not unique.

Some companies are dishonest. This goes for every industry.
    Some acai berry promoters don't go out of their way to let you know that you will get additional shipments or how much they will cost. Just remember, if you are getting something free up front, there is probably a recurring shipment you will have to cancel or face extra charges.
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090323/acai_090323/20090323
    What's more, many of these pills are offered through "free, risk-free" 14-day trial offers that are really part of a scheme called "negative option" advertising.

The companies offer samples of the products but then charge the customer's credit card month after month unless the consumer cancels the order.