fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-December

Options

Replies

• mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Where do I sign up?! It is fantastic that there is a group for petite people. I talk to a lot of my friends and family about wanting to lose 10-15 lbs to get back down to anywhere from 112-115. They all say that is way to low in weight and i'd be skin and bones. Do they not realize i am half a foot shorter than them?! I am exactly 5 feet. Packing on (or losing) 5 lbs is very noticeable on anyone around our height. Very excited to talk to people who understand what i am trying to accomplish.

Side question... Where do you find work out pants and capris that fit legs in length?! The pants are always a good 3 inches too long and the capris are almost long enough for pants. OH, the joys of shopping for workout gear.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Can I please join?

I'm 5'3 currently 175, start on this site was 250. Mother of 2 beautiful kiddos, oldest my son who is 8, my youngest is a girl and she will be 1 on Thursday.

My goal is to get down to about 125ish. Maybe 130 I really don't know yet. I want to tone and have a cut body (don't we all?). I'm a full time mother, who has no transportation during the day, so my only out is the internet and I work out from home with DVD's and Wii, I also walk and about to start the couch to 5k.

My name is Melissa and I'll be 30 on March 16th.
  • Bonnie_150
    Options
    * removed by author *
  • Bonnie_150
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'1" ish, and have 65 pounds to lose in stage one ... getting to where I look and feel better about myself. Then on to stage two where I lose another 40 pounds to meet what I'm "supposed" to weight according to all the weight charts.

I have two wonderful teenage boys, a dog and two cats. We are out and about a lot, but no real exercise for me <sigh> we do have a gym membership that I never use....I have got to change that - could use encouragement there !!!
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    *waves*

5'1" here. Not sure if it makes a difference to me, but I know others have said it's more difficult to lose wieght when you are short.
  • SamNicoll
    SamNicoll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all

I'm 5'1", 50 and joined MFP this week weighing in at an all time high (or low) of 182lb. Aiming for 126lb and significantly improved health and well-being by January 2013. Have found MFP hugely useful over the past 5 healthy-living days!

Sam
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    hi all im 4 feet 8!! and im 33 years old. Its hard couse im have a chubby tumym but im skinny everywhere :(
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    hi, im kirsty i am 5 foot 2, i dont mind being short but i did when i was 30lbs heavier lol!
  • KatVaux
    KatVaux Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5"2" and curvey. Feels like a curse most days. Would love to join. My goal is to lose 15lbs
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Hi ll, I'm new to MFP and I am 5"3', and looking to loose another 30lbs or so.
    I also have massive boobs, which sucks when you are a shorty!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

You have joined this group by posting here. Welcome.

Barbiecat is right. Everyone needs to find what works for them. There are some basics that seem to work for everyone: posting all your calories EVERYDAY; posting in the forums for the support, great ideas and as a place to vent; never give up and take one day at a time.

I put on weight in 2011 for the first time since joining MFP several years ago. Due to family situations I had stopped posting and stopped exercising. My goals for 2012 are to get back to the basics: posting and daily exercise. I know the regained weight will go away and I can continue working towards my ultimate goal of 125 pounds.

Hubby just walked in the house with our Christmas Tree, so I need to cut this short.

Have a great day everyone and good luck making good choices today.

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I think everyone is busy with holiday preparations and events.......I hope that we're all posting food and getting exercise so we'll be healthy and at least maintain our weight during this food filled season.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!! I am not going to go off on a whining tangent here but suffice it to say that I'm really having motivational problems with eating and exercise. Somewhere in my being I need to find the motivation I had when I first started here on MFP in Spring of 2010.

I hope everyone is doing well and if you celebrate the upcoming holidays you are enjoying it =)

~Kim
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I also have massive boobs, which sucks when you are a shorty!

^^ I too have what (I think) are massive boobs and I am very self conscious of them!
  • december8teen
    Options
    Hi all! :)

I'm about 5"0-5"1, currently weighing at 101lbs. I started at 117lbs, and lost some weight through exercising before I joined MFP. It was an arduous and slow process before I got here because I solely rely on my intuition on how much I should consume a day. After joining MFP, my weight loss has been more consistent. I'm now leaning towards my maintenance and toning up my thighs and bottom. (Pear shaped girl here :sad: )

But anyways, nice to meet you all. Have a blessed holiday season! :flowerforyou:
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weigh anywhere between 125-130lbs. I'd like to go back down to my original weight of 115lbs! Looking to add anyone that is looking for support and/or a good friend :) Good luck to ya'll
  • Lucybillington
    Options
    Hi -
    I am about 5 ft and 28yrs old. I currently weigh 117 lbs i have lost 2lbs since starting!!! my goal is about 105lbs. My motivation for doing this is because i am geting married in June 2012. I am finding counting the calories fairly easy at the moment, i just need to get motivated with the exercise.
  • schlumy
    Options
    hi all! i haven't posted in a while so i thought i would :)
    things are going okay...personal stuff going on that's not helping in the weight loss zone.
    i'm 5' even, 136lbs (up 1 pound from my last weigh in) but down 7lbs since i started this journey in june. pretty P.O.'d at the gainage so i'm hitting it hard!! i want to be at 125.
    things are changing, toning is happening, inches are slowly coming off.
    i do have some exciting news! my company is building us a gym, opening jan 1st. very excited!! i'll start taking classes weekly, which i can't wait for. Also we have a monthly Wellness Incentive and january is a discount on the BodyMedia arm band!! i'm SO getting one and very excited for that too!
    starting off the new year right!

Any thoughts on the BodyMedia armband? anyone out there have one?

Happy Holidays
    :flowerforyou:
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi -
    I am about 5 ft and 28yrs old. I currently weigh 117 lbs i have lost 2lbs since starting!!! my goal is about 105lbs. My motivation for doing this is because i am geting married in June 2012. I am finding counting the calories fairly easy at the moment, i just need to get motivated with the exercise.

Hello- Me too all of that- except I got married in June 2011:) I am very much an exerciser, want to keep toning and such. Haven't lost much weight to speak of in a looong time though.
  • iggy46
    Options
    :happy:

Hello everyone. I'm 5'2" and through myfitness pal I've lost 5 lbs. Exercise is key for me--both for weight loss and happiness. I walk at least 2-5 miles daily, wearing a pedometer helps.

I'm woking out to run a 5K (3.1 mile race). 2 days a week I do interval training on treadmill. It involves running for 30 seconds as fast as possible, & then walking for 30 seconds (for me it is more of a quick walk/jog). Continue that for up to 30 minutes. The other 2-3 days you just walk for 30 minutes. I also lift weights, do squats w/weights, etc.

I may have a slight advantage as my hubby is into weight lifting and helps walk 2 or so miles daily. We just want to stay healthy in our older years (46/45 now).

Beth Williams