Can someone share their menu?

Options
I just want to get an idea of what is good for me to eat...I'm about 5'6 and I weigh 158. I'd like to get down to about 134, which I feel would be a healthy weight. Any ideas or suggestions would be great! Oh, and I power walk at least 40 minutes a day, 6 days a week.

Replies

• liltokyo80
    liltokyo80 Posts: 7
    Options
    I just want to get an idea of what is good for me to eat...I'm about 5'6 and I weigh 158. I'd like to get down to about 134, which I feel would be a healthy weight. Any ideas or suggestions would be great! Oh, and I power walk at least 40 minutes a day, 6 days a week.
  • manganello16
    Options
    I generally start my day off with a bowl of active lifestyle and skim milk and a piece of fruit, then I have a lean cuisine for lunch, and a salad and a normal entree for dinner. Just make sure to only eat serving sizes! My mistake was last week I realized I'd lost 4 pounds and I got thrilled and celebrated.....:noway: , now I'm back to two.:mad: Just watch your portions and try not to snack. Good job on the exercise though!:smokin:

192119.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • manganello16
    Options
    Drink LOADS of water! You'll have to run to the restroom a lot, but it's pay off.:drinker:

192119.png
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Today I ate

Breakfast
    original oatmeal
    strawberries
    protein shake

am snack
    big breakfast skipped my snack ssh don't tell lol

Lunch
    High Protein Skinny Chocolate Smoothie

Afternoon snack
    Balance protein bar

Evening snack
    green apple

Dinner
    chicken breast 1/2 a sweet potato

Thats my meals for today total calories 1246

And if I hit the gym tonight I would have another protein shake

Oh I forgot- 3 liters of water a day-

Basically I eat like this everyday- maybe I will have lean steak or lean ground beef for dinner and instead of the sweet potato I will have brown rice and a vegetable of course I just didn't get one today
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Drink LOADS of water! You'll have to run to the restroom a lot, but it's pay off.:drinker:

192119.png

Eventually, your body does adjust to the extra water.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

192119.png

Eventually, your body does adjust to the extra water.
  • kenne
    kenne Posts: 13
    Options
    I would eat 4-5 small meals a day. Shoot for 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. It is also good to eat your largest meal earlier in the day, not "Dinner".
  • shannon128
    shannon128 Posts: 61
    Options
    Well my best advice is to replace things that are bad for you like cheeseburgers, chips, cookies, and other bad for you things with better healthier replacements. Instead of chips have fresh veggies and a fat free dip, instead of a cheeseburger have a veggie burger or a chicken breast... things like that.

On a typical day I eat something like this:

Breakfast- a fruit (normally a banana or an apple) with either a WW muffin, or low sugar oatmeal, or a luna bar or something like that. Maybe a fresh fruit smoothie.

For Lunch I have a turkey wrap or a pizza wrap made with veggie pepperoni and low fat cheese. Or maybe some Campbells healthy request soup. Something light. I've been eating a lot of "unwiches" from Jimmy Johns lately- it is basically a sandwich on a lettuce wrap and then i get no mayo and no cheese.

Snacks are normally carrots with hummus, celery with fat free dip, and apple with laughing cow cheese or something like that. if I'm still hungry i'll have some Motts natural applesauce, or sugar free jello, or grapes or something like that.

Dinner is normally my biggest meal because I work at night instead of during the day so it gets me through work and through the night. My bf will normally cook chicken, steak or some low fat pork chops, normally with a veggie side. I normally have a muffin or something like that after dinner if I still have the calories beacuse I always seem to crave something sweet at that time of the day.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Here's an example of a 1200 calorie, don't feel like cooking at ALL day for me (no workout so I didn't get any extras). If I worked out and earned extra calories (usually about 500) I'd add extra snacks like a banana, fat free cottage cheese with salsa, yogurt, etc. I'm noticing that I eat a lot of dairy. LOL I would also add some cheese to my soup. Or I'd make a sandwich with double fiber bread, light mayo, 1 slice swiss, turkey, lettuce, onion, and dijon and have a green salad with light blue cheese dressing, cottage cheese (makes the salad "wetter" and only adds minimal calories), and black beans (trying to up my iron). Hope this helps!

Breakfast
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 2 cup (8 fl oz)
    Alpenrose - Skim Milk, 0.75 cup`
    Kashi - Go Lean Cereal, 1 cup

Lunch
    Michelina's - Ziti Parmesano, 1 Package

Dinner
    Campbell's Select Healthy Request - Mexican Style Chicken Tortilla Soup, 1 container (2 cups ea.)
    Daisy Brand - Light Sour Cream, 4 Tbsp

Snacks
    Claussen - Pickles - Kosher Dill Halves, 1 pickle half
    Laughing Cow - Light Cheese Wedge Original, 1 wedge
    Frigo Cheese Heads - String Cheese, 2 oz. 160
    Armour - Turkey Pepperoni, 14 slices
    Fiber One - Chewy Bars - Oats & Chocolate, 1 bar (40g)

Total: 1,190 152 38 75 26 117
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200 165 40 45 100 100
    Remaining: 10 13 2 -30 74 -17
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I personally stay away from pre-packaged stuff as they seem to be full of preservatives and sodium, which can slow things down for weight loss. This is a typical day for me. I sometimes eat my exercise calories, sometimes not.

Breakfast
    Coffee - No Sugar With Skim Milk, 1 mug
    Raspberries - Raw, 0.5 cup
    Skippy - Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 tablespoon
    Deli World - Light Rye Bread, 1 slices (
    Butterball - Turkey Bacon, 1 slice

Lunch
    Dole - Packaged Salad - Spring Mix, 3 ounces
    Sara Lee Deli Meat - Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, 3 slices
    Generic Tomato - Tomato Raw, Red, 1 tomato
    Blackberries - Raw, 0.5 cup

Dinner
    Beef - Chuck, clod steak, lean and fat, 1/4" fat trim, 4 oz
    A.1. (A1) - Steak Sauces And Marinades - Steak Sauce, 1 tbsp
    Squash - Winter, butternut, cooked, baked, with salt, 1 cup, cubes
    Earthbound Farm Organic - Spring Mix Salad Greens, 0.25 cups
    Tomatoes - Roma Tomato, 1 Tomato

Snacks
    Morning Snack:
    Oranges - Raw, navels, 1 fruit (2-7/8" dia)
    Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg), 1 large

Afternoon snack:
    Nutribar - Protein Bar, 32.5 g, 1/2 bar
  • lld20
    lld20 Posts: 9
    Options
    My husband and I have gotten some really good, and e-z, recipies out of the fitness mags. One of the nice things is that it breaks down the carbs, calories, fat, etc.
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    Breakfast: steel cut oats mixed with light soy milk, almonds, strawberries

Snack:1/2 cup strawberries mixed with 2 ouces sugar/carb control vanilla yogurt, whole wheat pita and hummus

Lunch: Vegetable korma, cherry jello cup

Snack: ThinkThin chocolate protein bar(was supposed to have other half of strawberries and yogurt but wasnt hungry after protein bar)

Post gym snack: whole wheat pita and hummus

Dinner: sweet chili grilled chicken breast, just for one green giant broccoli and carrots in italian dressing, atkins endulge peanut butter cups.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    breakfast typically

one light yogurt with 1/2 cup regular all bran and 1/2 cup fresh fruit---strawberries now.

4 miles brisk walk before work

snack
    apple

Lunch

salad (free at work)
    with tons of lettuce
    1 Tbsp chick peas
    one boiled egg
    2-3 slices of beetroot
    carrot sticks
    alfafa sprouts
    2 Tbsp kidney beans

2 Tbsp of ff honey mustard dressing

snack

yogurt and all bran
    (love this stuff)

supper

home made chili--so lots of tomatoes, ground turkey, and more kidney beans.

walk 45 minutes on treadmill

snack 24 almonds

lots of water--I prefer flavored
    no caffeine in my diet
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My menu has been somewhat the same for the past 2 weeks.

Breakfast:
    multigrain waffles
    sugar free syrup

or

92 calorie cinnamon pankcakes w/ sugar free syrup

Lunch:
    fat free hotdogs
    wheat italian bread
    ketchup

or

turkey burger (4-6 oz ground turkey, wheat italian bread, Laughing Cow cheese, ketchup)

MIdday Snack: (not an everything thing)
    homemade roasted red pepper hummus
    thin wheat crackers

or

fat free black cherry yogurt

Dinner:
    some type of Uncle Bens ready rice
    shrimp
    avocado

Late snack/Dessert:
    Hungry Girl's mini microwave chocolate cake

or

no sugar added butter pecan ice cream
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,989 Member
    Options
    breakfast----oatmeal with 1/3 cup no sugar added applesauce and a banana

lunch (our big meal) 3-5 ounce broiled or baked chicken, turkey, or fish
    steamed fresh or frozen asparagus or green beans or broccoli, or cauliflower, or spinach,
    salad (spinach, tomato, onion, cucumber, radish, red,orange,yellow pepper, sprouts) with spray dressing

dinner Isagenix protein shake

snacks, apple, hard boiled egg, hummus on whole grain cracker
    Kashi cereal with non fat yogurt or soy milk

no caffeine, sugar, artificial sweeteners
  • lorisiii
    lorisiii Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today's menu:

Breakfast: 1 whole egg omlet with chopped bell pepper, tomato & 1 slice 2% milk american cheese (I chop vegies the night before for easier mornings), 1 cup 1% milk (I'm not a coffee person) = approx. 250 calories

A.M. Snack - Yoplait Fat Free Harvest Peach Yogurt = 110 calories

Lunch - Turkey Sandwich on one slice of Double Fiber Bread, handful of grapes = approx. 150 calories

P.M. Snack - 1 whole apple, small handful of honey-roasted peanuts = approx. 200 calories

Dinner - Grilled Pork Steak, Salad with low-fat dressing, 2 whole wheat rolls = approx. 500 calories

Just a little over 1200 calories for all if I work out during the day I'll allow myself two oreos and a cup of milk at night (I know not the best choice but I do enjoy it)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    if you would like an easy way to figure out what you should be eating everyday go to the 50 million pound challenge created by Dr. Ian from celebrity fit club. IT is FREE, just sign up enter your info and it will auto plan up to a month of meals for you AND the shopping list. You can make substitutions if you don't like certain foods.

http://www.50millionpounds.com/login.aspx

At least it gives you a little guidance to get you started :flowerforyou:
  • MJA1970
    MJA1970 Posts: 32
    Options
    Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Activia cherry yogurt w/1 tsp. Grape Nuts cereal

AM Snack: 100-calorie bag Kettle Corn popcorn
    Small box raisins

Lunch: 1/2 c. cottage cheese w/pears
    Fiber-One bar
    2 Gingersnap cookies

PM Snack: Handful of almonds
    Jell-O sugar-free pudding cup

Dinner: Spaghetti
    Two vegetables
    Slice whole wheat bread (no butter)

Dessert: Small piece of Angel Food cake w/strawberries and 1 tsp. Cool Whip

Water: as much as I can get down (I'm working on it)!

Exercise: Walked on treadmill for 90 min. (but not all at once)!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Here's what I had today...
    B: natural pb and j on 2 pcs whole wheat bread, oj
    S: coffee w/sugar free creamer
    L: lean ham on 2 pcs whole wheat bread w/spicy mustard, tomato, and spinach, lots of fresh veggies with light ranch
    S: homemade trail mix (dried cherries, Multi-Grain Cheerios, 60 cal dark chocolate stick)
    D: 2 beefy baked burritos (whole wheat tortillas, lean ground beef w/taco seasoning, spinach, fat free refried beans, enchilada sauce, 2% shredded cheese, tomatoes), skim milk
    S: Yoplait yogurt

I drink lots of water too. I average between 96-128 ounces per day. I get thirsty if I don't get at least 96 oz.