HCG diet tracking....

Options
Is there a way to track my 50 cal diet on HCG without it saying how under I am and all the bad things about going into starvation mode? I want to log my calories with encouragement. Lol. This is my second round with the HCG lost 35lbs in 43 days back in June. Ive since lost about 7 more. Im back on my drops now and plan to lose about 30 or 40 more. I love this site, but I need a calorie counter specific to HCG..... Any suggestions?

Replies

• tonilinn
    Options
    I just have a question on what you use and what kind of workouts you do with this HCG thing?
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in the Groups section. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in the Groups section. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Not to mention that "over-the-counter" HCG has been banned by the FDA, making it an illegal substance.

I'm glad you guys are reviewing this; it's dangerous and, in my opinion, shouldn't be encouraged on MFP.

Love MFP, by the way...best tool I've ever used! I think I'm becoming a bit of an MFP addict...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume that this is tongue in cheek because

1) you put 50 calories a day
    2) The drops are now not legal to sell
    3) you are insinuating that you want encouragement from a computer program and that you can't ignore it's warnings
    4) everyone knows that HCG stands for Happy Cola Gummies, which are way more than 50 calories (yep, that's a shout out)
  • kmbrooks15
    Options
    I just have a question on what you use and what kind of workouts you do with this HCG thing?

HCG is human chorionic gonadotropin (I think I spelled that right...), which is present in the body during pregnancy. The "diet" involves using injections or drops under the tongue that contain HCG (except that the "drops" are over-the-counter and are now banned by the FDA). You then consume a 500-calorie-a-day diet and are not allowed to exercise (who could with only 500 calories in them?!). Many people experience horrible side effects (hair loss, loss of lean muscle mass, messed-up digestive systems, etc.). Many gain the weight back when they stop, plus some. It's very dangerous and expensive. Studies have shown that the HCG does NOTHING to help you lose weight; it's the 500 calories a day that causes you to lose. People swear that they are less hungry with the HCG, but that is very likely a placebo effect. The only approved uses for HCG is infertility treatments and administration in pre-pubescent boys to aid in sexual development (I guess if there is a delay or something). It is not approved as a weight-loss aid, though there are many still using it, some even under a doctor's care.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ....lost 35lbs in 43 days back in June.

Doesn't June have 30 days? See... you're failing already.
  • WldOrchidNV
    Options
    I am very excited to start the HCG diet. I know I only gain weight on a 1200 calorie diet. I WISH all I had to do was eat 1200 calories a day. I only lose weight when eating 500 calories or less so HCG sounds right up my alley. With so many people having success with it, I can only assume you haven't tried it. It was even featured on doctor Oz who said his conclusion was it was definitely worth a try. And with ANY diet you are going to gain back the weight you lose and then some, unless you continue to diet for the rest of your life. SO get real!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Let see. Drop the HCG, eat normally and you'll be fine..

No site is going to encourage you to eat 500 calories a day.. hate to tell you.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
  • kmbrooks15
    Options
    I am very excited to start the HCG diet. I know I only gain weight on a 1200 calorie diet. I WISH all I had to do was eat 1200 calories a day. I only lose weight when eating 500 calories or less so HCG sounds right up my alley. With so many people having success with it, I can only assume you haven't tried it. It was even featured on doctor Oz who said his conclusion was it was definitely worth a try. And with ANY diet you are going to gain back the weight you lose and then some, unless you continue to diet for the rest of your life. SO get real!

This post makes no sense. You say you only lose eating 500 calories a day...what are you going to do, stay on HCG the rest of your life? You also say that ANY diet will result in gaining back the weight lost and then some...then what is the point in dieting in the first place?

This is MFP advocates a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. If you learn to develop healthy eating habits and exercise regularly, you will lose the weight and KEEP IT OFF. Look at the numerous success stories here on MFP...people who have had triple-digit weight loss and have kept it off.

You also should be aware that HCG drops are now banned by the FDA. In the very near future, you probably won't be able to get them anymore. You'd have to spend hundreds of dollars to get injections from a doctor.
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I wish the FDA would start fighting against the dangerous HCG scam on ALL FRONTS -- in other words, not only by outlawing the colored water "HCG products" they are now going after, but also the doctors and weight loss clinics that make money by convincing people it is a safe way to lose weight.

Personally, I think that any doctor that puts people on HCG for weight loss should lose their license to practice medicine and be put in jail for fraud!

The FDA (or some government agency) also needs to put a stop to people in the USA ordering prescription strength HCG from foreign pharmacies without a prescription.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-hcg-for-weight-loss
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :laugh:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Strong first post.
  • jasjames81
    Options
    I tried hcg diet. I lost some weight but did not stay on it. I did not like they way it made me feel. I have not heard anybody say anything about how it made them feel. I don't know how to explain it but it made me feel funny. There is no doubt you can lose weight. But my approach is not just to lose weight but be healthy. I know skinny people that are not healthy. And I am always weary of diets and anything that the sponsors for that product tell you you can only do it for short term. It does have bad side effects if you stay on it long term for men and women. The short term well the jury is stll out. The best way to lose weight is slow and steady. There is alot of people trying to make money off of hcg. I don't know if all hcg is created equal. Just food for thought.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, this hurts to read. I would highly recommend not going to Dr. Oz for medical advice. Why isn't he a doctor who sees patients anymore? All he knows how to do is run his mouth on TV and endorse bad products. A little off topic. He reminds me of the show The Doctors. They are ridiculous too. On the other hand, I like Doctor radio XM/Sirus channel 81, they are real doctors who just ended shifts working at the hospital.. they are real doctors with real cases, not just stories. Off topic-end rant.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but they should also suspend any doctor who recommended or endorsed this (Dr. Oz too). I would rather their license be suspended indefinitely.. but everyone makes mistakes.. I guess!
    I wish the FDA would start fighting against the dangerous HCG scam on ALL FRONTS -- in other words, not only by outlawing the colored water "HCG products" they are now going after, but also the doctors and weight loss clinics that make money by convincing people it is a safe way to lose weight.

Personally, I think that any doctor that puts people on HCG for weight loss should lose their license to practice medicine and be put in jail for fraud!

The FDA (or some government agency) also needs to put a stop to people in the USA ordering prescription strength HCG from foreign pharmacies without a prescription.

• raerae1943
    raerae1943 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As of December 6, 2011, the FDA has prohibited the sale of hCG diet products and declared them fraudulent and illegal.
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    Without HCG (the hormone drops/injections) one cannot be on a 500 calorie diet, which is why when you're on the very lowe caloric diet you need HCG. After a minimum of 3 weeks on it, you get off of it and you continue the low caloric diet for 2 days to get the hcg out of your system. after that you eat your maintenance calories for 3 more weeks but still no sugar and starches. After that you start maintaining where you can SLOWLY start incorporating sugar and starches but of course in any diet you do not want to do that.

This for some people like me, teaches us how to eat correctly. Better portions, fats, carbs and protein per meal.

And yes, with any diet, if you go back to the way you use to eat, you will definitely gain all the weight back if not more but that's why it's suppose to be a lifestyle change. To get you in the mindset of using food for fuel. Not to lose weight fast just for an occasion and go back to the way you eat and get fat again.

I use to be in the gym 6x/wk and eating correctly. Lost a lot of weight until I had thyroid problems. The old tradition didn't work. So I resorted to HCG and its the only thing that has helped me a lot. I still go the gym and eat correctly. It's all on the person doing the diet and if they decide to make it a lifestyle change or not. Any diet can be seen as bad but that's because the people who don't do it correctly give it a bad rep.

This post makes no sense. You say you only lose eating 500 calories a day...what are you going to do, stay on HCG the rest of your life? You also say that ANY diet will result in gaining back the weight lost and then some...then what is the point in dieting in the first place?

This is MFP advocates a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. If you learn to develop healthy eating habits and exercise regularly, you will lose the weight and KEEP IT OFF. Look at the numerous success stories here on MFP...people who have had triple-digit weight loss and have kept it off.

You also should be aware that HCG drops are now banned by the FDA. In the very near future, you probably won't be able to get them anymore. You'd have to spend hundreds of dollars to get injections from a doctor.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of experience with the injections-- my husband's whole family did this diet together. None of them have maintained their losses even with following the transition plan to the letter. None of them can eat sugar at all (it's been over a year, metabolisms still messed up) and many experienced severe hair loss. The ones who still do it require maintenance rounds every couple of months which costs a lot of money. I'm guessing you're going to do what you're going to do, but that's what I have observed. Take it or leave it.
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Please read the articles on these websites before you try the HCG diet.

I know some people that put their faith in the HCG diet, and became very ill from malnutrition as a result. No matter what the snake oil salesmen that promote the HCG diet say, eating only 500 calories a day, HCG or not, is NOT safe!

The Government is now in the process of getting all that fraudulent stuff off the market, and it's about time!

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm

http://www.myhealthnewsdaily.com/hcg-diet-dangerous-1428

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hcg-diet/AN02091

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/weight-loss-cure-dont-want-you-to-know

http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml

http://www.tucsonmedical.com/pages/hcg.php
This discussion has been closed.