Office Birthdays....

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
I usually rant about them because they are tempting with the cake....but this time my rant is because they forgot mine!

In my office they decorate your desk, and everyone pitches in and gets you a card, a cake, and a gift from the group. I knew they weren't doing it Friday becasue my boss was off, but I came in today expecting my desk to be decorated, but nope. A friend of mine realized right away that my desk wasn't decorated, so she sent my boss an email and apparently she forgot all about it.

I shouldn't care since my family and friends made my birthday special, but I can't help but feel like the kid picked last in kickball. Stupid office birthdays:grumble:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    Options
    I usually rant about them because they are tempting with the cake....but this time my rant is because they forgot mine!

In my office they decorate your desk, and everyone pitches in and gets you a card, a cake, and a gift from the group. I knew they weren't doing it Friday becasue my boss was off, but I came in today expecting my desk to be decorated, but nope. A friend of mine realized right away that my desk wasn't decorated, so she sent my boss an email and apparently she forgot all about it.

I shouldn't care since my family and friends made my birthday special, but I can't help but feel like the kid picked last in kickball. Stupid office birthdays:grumble:
  • amberc82
    amberc82 Posts: 25
    Options
    I know how you feel. The owner of the company I work for just decided to not celebrate birthdays anymore after this month because it was taking up to much time and money. This just happens to be just before my birthday next month. :cry:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    aw, that would make me sad. Its like when no one shows up for a kids party. So sorry it slipped past them, but chin up, and make em pay for it everyday for the rest of the year! haha :laugh:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    aw, that would make me sad. Its like when no one shows up for a kids party. So sorry it slipped past them, but chin up, and make em pay for it everyday for the rest of the year! haha :laugh:

HAHA Gena You crack me up... I like your style! make em pay LOL
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    That sucks! I wish my office would STOP celebrating birthdays anyway. I don't need to look at that cake EVERY day of the darn week.

Happy Birthday!
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    That sucks! I wish my office would STOP celebrating birthdays anyway. I don't need to look at that cake EVERY day of the darn week.

Happy Birthday!

Yeah I kinda do wish they would stop. I certainly don't need to be tempted by cake a few times a month, and yeah we get a gift, but we basically pay for our own gift by donating to the fund each month, lol.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options

My mom fogot my bday a few years ago, and she's still paying for it, every chance I get, no mercy! :laugh:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    They forgot about mine here too! It was almost 2 months ago now and still no word about it. They forget about me every year and I am the only one. There are only 4 other people here in the office so it can't be too hard to remember. They ask me every year too when it is. You would think that they would write it down with the rest of them.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! :flowerforyou:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options

My mom fogot my bday a few years ago, and she's still paying for it, every chance I get, no mercy! :laugh:

That a Girl!!!

Amy I think you and I can take a lesson from Gena's page!!! :laugh: I know they are going to forget mine in two weeks LOL but I will make me pay some how... somem way!:wink:
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    They forgot about mine here too! It was almost 2 months ago now and still no word about it. They forget about me every year and I am the only one. There are only 4 other people here in the office so it can't be too hard to remember. They ask me every year too when it is. You would think that they would write it down with the rest of them.

Oh that's awful that they forget every year! I thought they were going to forget mine last year cause my boss was again off the day before, and then the following week I was on vacation but they celebrated it when I got back. In my time with this department (two years) they've only forgotten one other person, but that was just the desk decorating, and they remembered almost immediately and sent him on an errand...but they did have a cake and gift for him:grumble:

So yeah, I feel ya on being the only one they forgot. Next year you should come in wearing a big birthday girl tiara or something, then they won't forget. Or two weeks before, announce a count down everyday until your birthday, lol.

Well happy very belated birthday to you, and thanks for sharing :happy:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Oh that's awful that they forget every year! I thought they were going to forget mine last year cause my boss was again off the day before, and then the following week I was on vacation but they celebrated it when I got back. In my time with this department (two years) they've only forgotten one other person, but that was just the desk decorating, and they remembered almost immediately and sent him on an errand...but they did have a cake and gift for him:grumble:

So yeah, I feel ya on being the only one they forgot. Next year you should come in wearing a big birthday girl tiara or something, then they won't forget. Or two weeks before, announce a count down everyday until your birthday, lol.

Well happy very belated birthday to you, and thanks for sharing :happy:

Thanks. hehe Ya I will be the big 30 next year so they won't be forgetting about it. I will begin my whinning in October probably. :laugh:
  • gummo
    gummo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Whoever's birthday it is at my office is the one who brings the donuts or snack. Kind of a strange way to do it but no one gets slighted that way.