Starting a 12 week workout plan tomorrow - Who's with me?

Options
Tomorrow I'm starting a 12 week "Body Transformation Plan" from bodybuilding.com. The workout incorporates weights AND cardio and is designed for fat-loss :D

It looks like a pretty good work out and I really need some "workout partners" to join me, spur each other on etc.

The plan is here. http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-fat-loss/intro

Are you interested? I want to start tomorrow as it's the beginning of a new week :)

So, you with me? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I'd like to find a 'guy' one .... and some guys to go ....
  • manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options
    I'll give it a whirl with you, I've just had a go of doing 'proper' push ups and didn't manage 2 of them so goodness knows how I am going to get on with this! I will start tomorrow with the workouts with you, add me as a friend if you wish
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Go here Gazz! http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/ :D They're free too! :)))
  • Nikki582
    Options
    I'll give it a whirl with you, I've just had a go of doing 'proper' push ups and didn't manage 2 of them so goodness knows how I am going to get on with this! I will start tomorrow with the workouts with you, add me as a friend if you wish
    Done and done! :)

I'm going to change a few things, I'm not very good at rest days and I have a few workouts in place on days that they say train and/or rest, so my weights days will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday.. My low-impact/rest days (mutter) Sunday and Thursday and Tuesday and Saturday (Boxercise and Boot-camp days) being my higher cardio days :)
  • suzysassafrass
    suzysassafrass Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll Try! You can friend me if you'd like.
  • manda127
    Options
    I think I'll need to switch round days too to fit in with my schedules, especially at this time of year. This is going to be hard to keep up during the Christmas period due to gym closures but I'll do my best to keep it up during that time
  • Nikki582
    Options
    I'm lucky my gym is one of those 24/7 ones - but if you can't get to a gym for a workout I'm sure there's enough on bodybuilding.com to find some body-weight exercises to do in place which we can put our heads together to find :D
  • Nikki582
    Options
    I'll Try! You can friend me if you'd like.
    Yay! :D
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Thanks Nikki, I mean Santa
  • Nikki582
    Options
    The only workout I'm unsure of doing tomorrow is the Back Hyperextensions - I'm worried I'll look like some kind of weird, weighty fish blobbing about on the equipment - and I have to work out what equipment to use for that one - Or if I even have the strength to do it! Yikes! Everything else I'm okay with, and they're all dumbell workouts so I can deal with that :)

I plan on starting light tomorrow as it's my first venture into free-weights territory so I want to get a feel and get some form happening.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

Hi Gaz! I am doing one of the ones on bodybuilding.com and really enjoying it :) there are heaps!
  • MaggieFit622
    Options
    I will! Thank you for finding this plan! I definitely need this--just look at my lack of abs :)
  • manda127
    Options
    Well I've done what I can today using free weights at home, needed to substitute some of the exercises but I got there. Those tricep kickbacks I found rather nasty mind! I need to do the back hyperextensions when I get to the gym tomorrow.,I'll probably do them on the exercixe/Swedish ball though rather than the bench. I'm not looking forward to trying the stairmaster tomorrow, that's one piece of equipment I usually avoid......

How have you done with Day 1?
  • Nikki582
    Options
    Put my big girl pants on and stepped into the free-weights area today. Woo!
    I discovered I'm not very strong :p and assisted weights machines lie - as if I can curl 14kg :p (Actually maybe I could on barbell.. anyhoo)
    I did the back extensions on the fit ball and found the lateral raises the most challenging exercise of the lot... I could only manage 4kg for those ones.

No stairmaster at the gym so I did my 20 minute cardio on a bike instead. I wonder if I should totter over the road and do actual stair runs for 20 minutes on a Monday? *ponder*
  • manda127
    Options
    I did my stairmaster and bike today at the gym, along with the back extensions I hadn't managed to do as well as a short run on the treadmill

I am aching already! I hope I can walk tomorrow
  • Nikki582
    Options
    my shoulders are in a world of pain thanks to DOMs. Yesterday, they were my weakest muscle yesterday, shows how much I use them!

Today is cardio day, I've got an Abs Butt Thighs class followed by Boxercise at the gym this evening. :) (not following her cardio rules to the letter because.. well I have my own thing!)
  • Nikki582
    Options