New Year, New Me!

Options

Replies

• kmvp08
    kmvp08 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @Dave: Congrats to you and your wife. Glad to hear mother and son are doing well.

Here's my weigh in...

Starting Weight: 265.0
    Dec. 02: 266.6
    Dec. 09: 263.2

Going up last week made me angry; so I took out that anger in the gym. Started doing laps on the track (1/8 mile each lap) with 15 squats in between. I've only been counting the lifting and not that extra as I seem to go over my 2K cals a day goal. The mind trick worked :-D

Good job, way to kick some butt! :)
  • kmvp08
    Options
    Daves weigh-in = 225.2

My wife woke me up around 5:15 this morning due to her having contractions. We started timing them and once we had a few at 5 minutes apart I knew it was time to go. So, I went and weighed myself because I knew today was going to be an OFF eating day to say the least. So I weighed myself and then showered and got my wife to the hospital. So, I had an awesome drop in weight this week, but the best part is, I welcomed my son Zachary into the world this morning. This is probably going to affect my weight and I'm sure i'll put a few lbs back on. This just means that I'll have to work hard the next few weeks to hit my goal. Take a look at my little guy!

wlmwo.jpg

Aww, so cute. Congratulations and have a great weekend with at least a little sleep. :)
  • kmvp08
    Options
    Weigh in for me - 164. Weight's not really moving but my two goals, beside my all around food tracking, etc. is to add more veges and be consistent with my workouts since I've been off track the last two months. In that respect it was a good week.
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal: 7.0 lbs
    Weight loss total: 3.6 lbs (Week 2)

Week 0: 136.8 (
    ) -- starting weight
    Week 1: 137.6 (+ .8 lbs) -- binging problem
    Week 2: 133.2 (-4.4 lbs)

I think 3+ lbs of that 4.4 lbs was due to loss of retained water since I finally got back on track this week after having binging problems for the previous 3 weeks. But the loss is encouraging nonetheless!

And the thing that I'm happiest about is that this week I've been able to avoid the stress induced binging that was happening constantly during the previous 3 weeks. Everyone's support helped me a lot on that, and I really appreciate it. Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Weigh in for me - 164. Weight's not really moving but my two goals, beside my all around food tracking, etc. is to add more veges and be consistent with my workouts since I've been off track the last two months. In that respect it was a good week.
    @ Kelly - those two things are great accomplishments! :smile: You probably just need to watch the food part more carefully to get the weight moving downwards again.
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    @Dave: Congrats to you and your wife. Glad to hear mother and son are doing well.

Here's my weigh in...

Starting Weight: 265.0
    Dec. 02: 266.6
    Dec. 09: 263.2

Going up last week made me angry; so I took out that anger in the gym. Started doing laps on the track (1/8 mile each lap) with 15 squats in between. I've only been counting the lifting and not that extra as I seem to go over my 2K cals a day goal. The mind trick worked :-D
    @ Joe - great job! Keep up the good work!
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Hey, guys! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. My dad and his wife are visiting for a few days and we had a jam-packed day of holiday fun with my two boys. I started the day with a delightful surprise! My scale settled at 125.0 for the morning, though it kept teetering with 124.5. Recorded the official weight at 125.0, of course. Finally got the Thanksgiving weight off plus a half pound more.
    But... then yesterday I did horribly calorie-wise. Breakfast was fine. Then lunch was pizza and salad at a restaurant. I never know how to figure those calories. One and a half pieces of pizza and a big bowl of spinach salad with honey mustard dressing and fets cheese - 1000 calories? For dinner, I had grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, and steamed broccoli. BUT.... then my dad pulled out some pecan pralines from Savannah. Dang. Indulged in those, too. So I will have my work cut out for me this week to stay on track!

@Dave - what a great Thursday. Weight drops and baby arrives! Again, so happy for you!
    @Sandy - way to go on the weight loss!
    @Joe - awesome idea mixing it up! Keep it coming!
    @Kelly - way to stick to your personal goals. Get back on track one step at a time.
    @Mimi - woohoo! Big drop and hurray for fighting back on those binge urges!j
    I will get a new spreadsheet up later today when a few more results come rolling in.

OH! I did manage to crack out 20 push-ups last night which was my goal by the end of the week. My dad watching definitely helped my motivation to show him how much stronger I am than one year ago! He was recently told that he was pre-diabetic so I feel like I need to step it up while he's here and show him how this weight-loss deal can be done!

Happy weekend, friends!
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Daves weigh-in = 225.2

My wife woke me up around 5:15 this morning due to her having contractions. We started timing them and once we had a few at 5 minutes apart I knew it was time to go. So, I went and weighed myself because I knew today was going to be an OFF eating day to say the least. So I weighed myself and then showered and got my wife to the hospital. So, I had an awesome drop in weight this week, but the best part is, I welcomed my son Zachary into the world this morning. This is probably going to affect my weight and I'm sure i'll put a few lbs back on. This just means that I'll have to work hard the next few weeks to hit my goal. Take a look at my little guy!

wlmwo.jpg
    Oh, Congrats, Dave! What a precious baby you have been blessed with =) Gaining a son is soooo much better than loosing a few pounds....but that is just icing on the cake for you. So happy for you!!! Thanks for sharing this awesome news and sweet picture with us. I got on here in a bit of a crabby mood since I'm the same weight I was last week....and the three before (grrr!) but seeing this post made me smile and feel so much better. Thanks...and congrat again, Daddy! ;)
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same weight I was last week. :grumble: I've been stuck in this rut for over a month now! I'm logging calories and exercising but it's not budging! Starting to get very discouraged. I'm going to try and add my C25K program back into my exercise and maybe zigzag my calories. I know everyone says you HAVE to eat at least 1200 calories a day....but maybe since I'm so short and a lesser weight now than in the beginning, I don't require that many calories?? Sigh.
    Let's hope next weeek is better.
    Congrats to everyone else on their successes~you inspire me not to totally give up.
    Way to do those pushups, Mandy! I am just excited that I can do 10 now when a few months ago I couldn't even do 1!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Hey, guys! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. My dad and his wife are visiting for a few days and we had a jam-packed day of holiday fun with my two boys. I started the day with a delightful surprise! My scale settled at 125.0 for the morning, though it kept teetering with 124.5. Recorded the official weight at 125.0, of course. Finally got the Thanksgiving weight off plus a half pound more.
    But... then yesterday I did horribly calorie-wise. Breakfast was fine. Then lunch was pizza and salad at a restaurant. I never know how to figure those calories. One and a half pieces of pizza and a big bowl of spinach salad with honey mustard dressing and fets cheese - 1000 calories? For dinner, I had grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, and steamed broccoli. BUT.... then my dad pulled out some pecan pralines from Savannah. Dang. Indulged in those, too. So I will have my work cut out for me this week to stay on track!

@Dave - what a great Thursday. Weight drops and baby arrives! Again, so happy for you!
    @Kelly - way to stick to your personal goals. Get back on track one step at a time.
    I will get a new spreadsheet up later today when a few more results come rolling in.

OH! I did manage to crack out 20 push-ups last night which was my goal by the end of the week. My dad watching definitely helped my motivation to show him how much stronger I am than one year ago! He was recently told that he was pre-diabetic so I feel like I need to step it up while he's here and show him how this weight-loss deal can be done!

Happy weekend, friends!
    Thanks Mandy! Great job on your loss this week, and on keeping up with the push-ups!

It looks like we both need to focus on staying on track this coming week -- let's do it!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    I am exactly the same weight I was last week. :grumble: I've been stuck in this rut for over a month now! I'm logging calories and exercising but it's not budging! Starting to get very discouraged. I'm going to try and add my C25K program back into my exercise and maybe zigzag my calories. I know everyone says you HAVE to eat at least 1200 calories a day....but maybe since I'm so short and a lesser weight now than in the beginning, I don't require that many calories?? Sigh.
    Congrats to everyone else on their successes~you inspire me not to totally give up.
    Way to do those pushups, Mandy! I am just excited that I can do 10 now when a few months ago I couldn't even do 1!
    @ Joy - hang in there and keep at it! If you want some ideas on breaking out of plateaus, check out this article: http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2011/01/unexplainable-fat-loss-plateaus-explained.php That article might give you some insight on things that you can do differently to start losing again.
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    0.6 gain. Not terrible, but definitely a gain and that isn't good. I would love to chalk it up to bloating or something. I know this past week I got in my workouts but kind of slacked in the eating healthy department. With the holidays around I feel like my enemy foods are surrounding me! I will be kicking it into gear beginning today though!

Congrats Dave on your new baby!!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend.
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Daves weigh-in = 225.2

wlmwo.jpg

Congratulations Dave! He is so cute!!
  • mobskee
    Options
    I did not post my weigh in yesterday! Sorry about that...busy day yesterday! I was at 206 yesterday.

Today mother-in-law came over and brought a tub full of Christmas treats! I can't stop eating them :embarassed:
  • mobskee
    Options

Happy weekend, friends!

Nice loss Mandy!!!
  • mobskee
    Options
    I would love to get more ideas on healty snacks...I feel that my snacks are healthy but I'm getting burnt out on eating the same snacks all the time.

What is everybody else snacking on???
    Maria - good topic! I'd love to get some snack ideas too.

I usually have these things for dessert, but these are also my favorite snacks:

- Kashi GoLean Original cereal (good source of soy protein - has 13 gm per 140 cal serving)
    - Kashi Chewy Peanut Butter granola bars
    - nonfat milk w/Mt. Hagen decaf instant coffee & SweetLeaf Chocolate stevia

I drink a lot of dessert teas every day as zero cal between meal snacks. They're great for suppressing hunger pangs and have a lot of nutrients as well. My cupboards are stuffed full of many types of dessert teas, but these are my favorites:

1) Celestial Seasonings "Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride" herbal tea w/SweetLeaf English Toffee stevia
    2) Stash "Vanilla Nut Creme" decaf black tea w/SweetLeaf English toffee stevia
    3) Stash "Chocolate Hazelnut" decaf black tea w/SweetLeaf Chocolate stevia
    4) Celestial Seasonings "Candy Cane Lane" decaf green tea w/SweetLeaf Clear stevia
    5) Celestial Seasonings "Orange Mango" red tea w/SweetLeaf Clear stevia
    6) Celestial Seasonings "Apple Cinnamon Spice" herbal tea w/SweetLeaf Clear stevia
    7) Celestial Seasonings "Honey Vanilla Chamomile" herbal tea w/Sweetleaf Clear stevia

I forgot about the Kashi snack bars...I used to eat them all the time. I didn't realize how many delicious teas are out there...I'm some time in the tea isle next time i'm in the store! Thanx for the advice!
  • mobskee
    Options

Staying the same weight is much better than a gain :smile: I don't know how you feel about Dr. Oz (Some people think he's stupid lol) but I saw an episode where he was saying that once we hit our 30s our estrogel levels start going down which messes with the metabolism. He suggests taking flax seed oil. I got some and when I was taking them along with vitamin B and green tea pills it seemed to help. Not sure if that's something you'd like to try. I need to go back to taking them...I just really don't enjoy taking vitamins :sick:
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about Dr. Oz (Some people think he's stupid lol) but I saw an episode where he was saying that once we hit our 30s our estrogel levels start going down which messes with the metabolism. He suggests taking flax seed oil. I got some and when I was taking them along with vitamin B and green tea pills it seemed to help. Not sure if that's something you'd like to try. I need to go back to taking them...I just really don't enjoy taking vitamins :sick:
    @ Maria - if you're looking for a good omega 3-6-9 supplement, you might want to consider Udo's Oil Blend, which is a blend of flax seed oil and other healthy oils: http://www.amazon.com/Flora-Udos-Choice-Oil-Blend/dp/B00028PDPM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323613696&sr=8-1

Its great stuff and I take ~2 tbsp of that every day. I put it on veggies and stir it into my cafe au lait -- it has a slightly nutty flavor and actually enhances the flavor of the food!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    I would love to get more ideas on healty snacks...I feel that my snacks are healthy but I'm getting burnt out on eating the same snacks all the time.

What is everybody else snacking on???
    Maria - good topic! I'd love to get some snack ideas too.

I usually have these things for dessert, but these are also my favorite snacks:

- Kashi GoLean Original cereal (good source of soy protein - has 13 gm per 140 cal serving)
    - Kashi Chewy Peanut Butter granola bars
    - nonfat milk w/Mt. Hagen decaf instant coffee & SweetLeaf Chocolate stevia

I drink a lot of dessert teas every day as zero cal between meal snacks. They're great for suppressing hunger pangs and have a lot of nutrients as well. My cupboards are stuffed full of many types of dessert teas, but these are my favorites:

1) Celestial Seasonings "Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride" herbal tea w/SweetLeaf English Toffee stevia
    2) Stash "Vanilla Nut Creme" decaf black tea w/SweetLeaf English toffee stevia
    3) Stash "Chocolate Hazelnut" decaf black tea w/SweetLeaf Chocolate stevia
    4) Celestial Seasonings "Candy Cane Lane" decaf green tea w/SweetLeaf Clear stevia
    5) Celestial Seasonings "Orange Mango" red tea w/SweetLeaf Clear stevia
    6) Celestial Seasonings "Apple Cinnamon Spice" herbal tea w/SweetLeaf Clear stevia
    7) Celestial Seasonings "Honey Vanilla Chamomile" herbal tea w/Sweetleaf Clear stevia

I forgot about the Kashi snack bars...I used to eat them all the time. I didn't realize how many delicious teas are out there...I'm some time in the tea isle next time i'm in the store! Thanx for the advice!
    @ Maria - you're welcome! By the way, it looks like you can get the best price on teas if you get it via the subscription on amazon.com.
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Glad to have my son and wife back home. Last night was the first night at home, and it was a long one. I know I have many more of those to come, it just stinks because I had to work yesterday and today because 1/2 my staff requested this weekend off. I will home from work the rest of the week, so I'll be able to enjoy some family time, get everyone used to having another person in the house (big sister, and brother kole...aka our dog). Not sure when I'll make it to the gym again, but I'm back on track with my eating today so at least I can hopefully maintain for a while! Hope to talk with you all soon.

Dave