1 pound in 1 day???

Options
can u really gain a whole pound from 1 day 2 the next, bcuz according to my scale I did. It can't be water weight bcuz I took my water pill b4 bed like I always do the nite b4 i weigh in 2 make sure I dnt have inaccurate water weight. I stayed w/ in my calories and exercised yesterday, so how could i have gain a whole pound?

Replies

• CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Because even water tablets are not the magical solution? Are you maybe coming up to your monthly?
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    Because even water tablets are not the magical solution? Are you maybe coming up to your monthly?

I know that, but I just do it 2 try 2 have as close 2 an accurate weight as possible. & no, I have an IUD so I don't get 1
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Your body fluctuates like 1-5 pounds a day... no matter what.
    No magical pill is going to stop that from happening.

Right now my WiiFit said I gained 2 pounds. But I know I did not consume 7000 calories more than normal.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate by four pounds within an hour if I want.
  • Bencribb
    Bencribb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A caloric pound is 3500 calories. If you didn't eat that many more than your BMR you have not gained a pound of longterm body weight. The body normally fluctuates within about 5 pounds. Water weight, food digestion, gas retention, biological processes. You cannot ever take 1 bullet point of weight and say "I have lost or gained". Weighing yourself at different times of the day is enough to vary your weight significantly. And additionally, even if your metabolism has slowed, and you have gained some real weight, if you know the calories you're putting into yourself, and you know you're in control, than don't sweat it. Don't skip meals, and eat after your workouts, and your metabolism will quickly return to a more normal state, it just might take a few days.

[edit] and remember, clothing has a weight as well. Your average suit of clothes weighs 5 pounds, so 1 pound extra can be something as silly as wearing jeans when you normally wear shorts when you weigh yourself. Weigh yourself after a workout, and you'll weigh more, because you've drank water during the workout, but your skin and clothes are still damp with sweat, and thus heavier than they would normally be.
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    A caloric pound is 3500 calories. If you didn't eat that many more than your BMR you have not gained a pound of longterm body weight. The body normally fluctuates within about 5 pounds. Water weight, food digestion, gas retention, biological processes. You cannot ever take 1 bullet point of weight and say "I have lost or gained". Weighing yourself at different times of the day is enough to vary your weight significantly. And additionally, even if your metabolism has slowed, and you have gained some real weight, if you know the calories you're putting into yourself, and you know you're in control, than don't sweat it. Don't skip meals, and eat after your workouts, and your metabolism will quickly return to a more normal state, it just might take a few days.

[edit] and remember, clothing has a weight as well. Your average suit of clothes weighs 5 pounds, so 1 pound extra can be something as silly as wearing jeans when you normally wear shorts when you weigh yourself. Weigh yourself after a workout, and you'll weigh more, because you've drank water during the workout, but your skin and clothes are still damp with sweat, and thus heavier than they would normally be.

thanks for the info, and I weigh myself 1st thing n the AM naked prior to consuming anything, bcuz I know that clothes, and food consumed thru the day make ur weight inaccurate. I'm trying to get as accurate a weight as possible
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    If you're taking a diuretic the night before, you are not getting an accurate weight necessarily because if you're not retaining any water you are just dehydrating yourself therefore making yourself lighter.