Holiday cookies ~ tracking?

Options
How do we track holiday cookies or other treats when you don't know what they are? There were cookies and donuts after church today and my daughter brought me one home as a surprise. It was chocolate with a whipped cream topping (like a nest) and a couple choc. chips on top of the cream. I've never had one before so how do I count it?

Replies

• Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Sounds almost like a Whoopie pie.... But I'd track it as one chocolate chip cookie, and whipped topping (Guesstamate the amount)
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Find a cookie in the database that sounds similar. Log the whipped cream separately. Chocolate chips are about four calories per, so you can log that too if you want.

Just guesstimate and move on.
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It came from church. God is a beautiful being so anything that comes from his house is calorie free. LOL. Just guesstimate. I'm sure there is something in the database that is similar.
  • pixydoodle
    Options
    I put in my recipe for cookies http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/4221379
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It came from church. God is a beautiful being so anything that comes from his house is calorie free. LOL. Just guesstimate. I'm sure there is something in the database that is similar.

I Like this response!!! :)
  • mochaphobic
    mochaphobic Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! With all the treats out there, I'm sure a lot of us will be guesstimating. :)
  • mochaphobic
    mochaphobic Posts: 92 Member
    Options

This doesn't work ~ it just defaults to my own recipe box but it's a good idea....