New to MFP

Options
Just a line to say hello to everybody and I hope I can add to the success rate here. I am 50 Years old and need to loose some weight. So I will give this site a try and see if I can add my daily doings here.
I do have a question about the calculator. I added just a excercise to the calculator and it upped the calories I should eat per day???
I will try to read up a little more and see what I get out of it.
Again Hello to all and here we go. LOL

Replies

• Wolfmann
    Wolfmann Posts: 6
    Options
    Just a line to say hello to everybody and I hope I can add to the success rate here. I am 50 Years old and need to loose some weight. So I will give this site a try and see if I can add my daily doings here.
    I do have a question about the calculator. I added just a excercise to the calculator and it upped the calories I should eat per day???
    I will try to read up a little more and see what I get out of it.
    Again Hello to all and here we go. LOL
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Yes, definitely read whatever info you can find in the help section, as well as under "all topics", and then under "general" to help you understand about eating MOST of your exercise calories. You'll discover that there's a HUGE debate on the boards as to whether or not to eat them or not.
    I myself DO eat most of them, and it's worked for me. But, I'm sure you'll find plenty of others who don't. Guess you'll just have to decide for yourself! :laugh:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    HI! Welcome!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfmann
    Wolfmann Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the notes to everybody.