Running Gloves

Options
I plan to run during the winter and need a pair of running gloves to keep my hands warm. Would appreciate your suggestions.

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Can't help you, but I was about to post on this too!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have the orange and black Suacony gloves with the flip off hand part (to make them gloves)
    I usually take them off about 2 miles into my run!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I found a pair at D ick's Sporting Goods by Nike. Haven't tried them yet (had gallbladder surgery a couple weeks ago and am not clear to exercise yet), but they have a little key pocket in the palm of each glove. They seem like they're pretty warm.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I found a pair at D ick's Sporting Goods by Nike. Haven't tried them yet (had gallbladder surgery a couple weeks ago and am not clear to exercise yet), but they have a little key pocket in the palm of each glove. They seem like they're pretty warm.

ha! I LITERALLY just bought those gloves like 20 minutes ago... Obviously haven't tried them out yet either, sorry!
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bump - I need some warmer gloves too so I don't love my fingers! Yesterday was wicked cold!!
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm from Minnesota and I got some that are really slick. the new ones that are made for the ipod tocuhing or whatever. You want to make sure they will keep the wind out but not too thick.
  • dpvike80
    dpvike80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just use the white cotton gardening gloves that you can get a Walmart or other store of that kind. You can get the gloves for a dollar. They work perfectly for me.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    IllumiNite (Note, they're not white, they're reflective - camera flash). The gloves have a micro-fleece portion that is perfect for swiping the sweat from your brow.

25de6d1b.jpg
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a light pair from Marvella that have the touch screen compatible finger and thumb for days that are chilly but not frigid. I also have a pair from Marvella that are cozy, fuzzy mittens. I'm saving those for when it's unbearably cold! Hope you find something that works for you :)
    -Andi
  • Balsaboy
    Balsaboy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love my Ulti-Mitts winter running gloves from Saucony -- they feel thin to the touch but have kept me warm over the last two Canadian winters (as low a -35C some mornings). They have an attached water/wind proof "mitten" component that tucks into a pocket on the top but easily pulls out to cover the fingers on extremely cold days. I also appreciate the small white LED light on the side that makes night running a bit safer. And the bonus is the fact that the tip of the glove lifts up at the thumb and pointer finger so I can use my touch screen without taking off the entire glove. Can't recommend them enough!
  • ChristinaK42
    Options
    I have a pair that my minnesota gal friend made me. Took wool sweaters from Goodwill, cut out a mitten pattern, sewed them up, then lined them with felt. I have never had warmer hands. Wore them in 11 degrees for 10 miles and actually had to take my mittens off because my hands were sweating.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Crap, I have a pair of pretty perfect running gloves too. Not too thick, but still warm; light, but still durable.

I'll just post on here and reply tomorrow while I'm at school to see what they are. I just bought them at our uniform store.
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have the Nike running gloves from ****'s (black and red), and they were all that I needed while running in 29 F temps (+wind chill) in the past week. My hands weren't cold as long as I was moving.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Where are you running? How cold is it?

Pam
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I just use the white cotton gardening gloves that you can get a Walmart or other store of that kind. You can get the gloves for a dollar. They work perfectly for me.

I have been using those black jersey gloves you can buy for like 3 pairs for $5. I think they're fine if you're going under an hour. However, I found out the hard way yesterday that anything over an hour and the jersey gloves get wet, and if there is any wind at all your hands will start to get cold. I mean really cold

Which is why I'm in this thread in the first place.
  • onefourone
    Options
    I bought a pair of receiver gloves. I figure if they can wear them in football to keep their hands warm it will work for me. So far so good
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Champion has some good ones at Target
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I have some Nike gloves, which are nice and have a key "pocket." I also have some Lulu Lemon gloves. Nike gloves are ripping though...but may just be due to use. They do get a lot of use in the winter. I actually took them off today a couple of miles into my 5 miler...just didn't need them anymore.

I have been known to double up with gloves if it is bitter cold out, but those work for me in the DC metro area.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Wear socks on your hands. ;D That's probably the only option I have at the moment, now that I think about it...
  • billdelong
    Options
    Top - I bought a pair of Manzella gloves. They have a hi-vis green mitten-type thing that flips over your fingers. I got them through National Running Company.