I had to start on insulin today....

Options
It's the 24-hour kind, so I only have to take it once a day. I use a pen, and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. I'm not happy about going on insulin. I also have to wear diabetic support socks. It hurts too bad to exercise. I used to walk at the mall, but my arthritis is so bad I can't do that right now. Any other diabetics out there who are working through this?

Replies

• Herb52
    Herb52 Posts: 5
    Options
    It's the 24-hour kind, so I only have to take it once a day. I use a pen, and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. I'm not happy about going on insulin. I also have to wear diabetic support socks. It hurts too bad to exercise. I used to walk at the mall, but my arthritis is so bad I can't do that right now. Any other diabetics out there who are working through this?
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Herb,
    I am not diabetic, but I know how you're feeling. Hang in there and with the routine, it will get easier. Any chance of coming off the insulin when you lose a little weight? You really don't have much to lose...................Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome Herb:flowerforyou: I am a diabetic as well, fortunately I only have to take the pills. After I started eating healthier foods since I joined the doctor has reduced my insulin. It's been staying to low. It's running about 73 today and I feel so tired. all the time :yawn: I should get my new prescription tomorrow. Best of Luck at reaching your goals.
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    Hey Herb..keep your spirits up. My father is a diabetic and because he has managed his weight he has been able to stay on a pill a day for about 2 years now. Just a word of anything is possible!!!!