Options
    Wow... these are amazing!
  • malware15
    malware15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ready2Live4Me
    Options
    When you find new ideas for meals share and I will too. I'm not into fast food but something light and quick would be nice
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Well, these aren't really "new ideas" but at times I forget about doing some of our old favorites (made a bit more healthy) like:

Chicken Kabobs w/Wild Rice
    Chicken (or steak, just less of it) Fajitas w/Grilled Onions/Peppers
    Quinoa/Asparagus Salad w/Chicken (throw in some Cilantro, Tomatoes, or even Avocados too)
    Tukey/Chicken Chili

BTW, you have a Trader Joe's by you? They have this bag of like 17 bean and barley mix (dried) ... follow the bean soup recipe on the back, and puree it when your done, and it's rich, creamy, hearty, and healthy!

Sometimes we can keep our cals under control and just enjoy an appetizer dinner with just the wife and I filled with fresh veggies, olives, cheeses, and of course wine :)

I know bread for many is a negative thing, but rather than having it as a "side", enjoy some nice bruschetta as a meal (here comes the wine again) ... very carb heavy I know, but we like to top it with not just your typical bruschetta toppings (basil, tomatoes, olive oil, etc) but also some smoked oysters ... not for everyone but we love it.

Get some asian spices and season your chicken breasts with that and wrap them in foil "with" some chopped up pineapple ... when it cooks down it's a yummy Hawaiian chicken! :)

OH! This may sound gross but I assure you it's not ... for dessert, have you ever tried chocolate mousse made with tofu? Protein heavy and honestly delicious ... I AM NOT a fan of the soy and crazy substitutes (Peanut butter is peanut butter, sorry) ... but this really is good ... just a thought ...

I'm getting really hooked on grilled/broiled baby bok choy! ... just sayin' ...

Properly cooked fish ... fish is awesome when properly cooked ... that's all I'm saying there. So perhaps try some new seafood that you've not tried before? That would be fun ... and on that note a basket of steamed mussells are quite the yummy meal! ... with a nice Pinot Grigio or something ... oh ... there goes the wine again ...

I dunno ... lots of stuff ... food is awesome ... lots of healthy stuff out there these days and even if it's not the best for you, just watch how much you eat of it ... enjoy food ... don't let it enjoy you! :)

OH! ... and homemade thin crust pizza ... sky is the limit on the toppings ... and my wife does NOT like red sauce so I usually make a thin crust with some diced fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, black olives, some basil, and drizzled with a little olive oil ... pretty healthy actually especially with a nice thin crust ...

That's it for now! :)
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dameemer
    Options
    Hi:-) I tried this last weekend with my boyfriend and it was fantastic!!! One-pot dish and so healthy!!! I added some spinach and also chicken thighs and drumstick for the man. It was so yummy!!! Not sure of calories but think around 350 range...
    Giada's Chicken Stew recipe

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-stew-recipe/index.html
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • aub7
    aub7 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • bridgej2
    Options
    Bump
  • o_so_red_1
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com it gives the the portion size, cal. , and weigt watcher points old and new. I love this site.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Have you considered following some food blogs? I follow lots of them, along with writing my own and they are super helpful.

I love:

skinnytaste.com
    happygoodtime.com
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I tried this last night. You can make it healthier by using reduced sodium chicken stock & leaving out the flour as I did.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-breasts-with-balsamic-vinegar-and-garlic/detail.aspx

The nutritional info is on the page. I made it with some whole wheat pasta, but you can eat it with any side.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yum...bump bump!!!
  • weaverfit
    weaverfit Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm watching a Rick Bayless program where a fellow made: nopal garlic butter tortillas (wheat flour) They look incredible and interesting.

1) puree nopal (prickly pear) cactus in some water
    2) add the puree into your prepared standard tortilla flour dough - by kneeding
    3) next add in some garlic butter - again by kneeding
    4) segment dough into little balls, flatten, and cook on a flat griddle
    5) use with any recipe needing tortillas

You can find pre-prepared (cleaned and de-stickered) nopal cactus at some local hispanic groceries, if you don't want to do it yourself.

Nopal cactus is apparently useful for decreasing inflammation in the body.
  • tiggera81
    tiggera81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I just tried this a while back and it was delicious. Definitely added it to my recipes to make again.

Spinach Fettuccine w Chicken and Broccoli Rabe (aka rapini) - Weight Watchers

Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook

To clean broccoli rabe throughly, wash it under running water, then trim the ends

Total Preparation Time: 15 to 30 minutes
    Actual Cooking Time: 15 to 30 minutes
    Number of Servings: 4

Ingredients

1 bunch Broccoli rabe, cleaned and chopped
    6 oz Spinach fettuccine
    4 tsp Olive oil
    four 4 oz Skinless boneless chicken breast
    1/2 tsp Salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
    1 Red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
    4 Garlic cloves, minced
    1 Head radicchio, shredded
    2 tbl Grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 tsp Freshly ground pepper
    1/4 c Chopped basil

Preparation

1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the broccoli rabe 2 min. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl. In the boiling water, cook the fettuccine according to package directions; drain.

2. In a large nonsitck skillet, heat 2 tsp of the oil. Add the chicken and sprinkle w/ herb seasoning; saute until cooked through, 4-5 min on each side. Transfer to plates.

3. In the skillet, heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil; saute the onion and garlic until tender, 3-4 min. Stir in the broccoli rabe and radicchio; cook, stirring frequently, until tender 4-5 min. Add the fettuccine, then sprinkle w the cheese and pepper. Serve alongside the chicken, sprinkled w/ the basil.

Nutrition Information

Calories: 339 ; Total Fat: 8 g ; Saturated Fat: 2 g ; Carbohydrates: 37 mg ; Protein: 29 g ; Calcium: 147 mg ; Sodium: 156 mg ; Fiber: 5 g
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    asain salad
    Lettuce - Red leaf, raw, 0.33 head
    Lettuce - Green leaf, raw, 0.33 head
    Mat - Cuties Clementines, 1 Clementines
    Fresh - Roma Tomato, 1 tomato
    Peppers, Green, Bell Fresh - Peppers, Green, Bell, 0.1875 cup
    Kraft - Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing, 2 tbsp
    Tyson - Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins, 4 ounce
    Dynasty - Sliced Bamboo Shoots, 1.5 oz.
    measurements are close to what i had rather over guess then under only 332 calories this way
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MamaKay3
    MamaKay3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a daily cooking blog that I do and put all of the cooking I do, daily, in it. I actually started this because some people ask for the same help that you did and I thought that if I can help someone by sharing the ideas that I do, why not. I cook darn near everyday and I will put it all in my blog.

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TracieJ65
    Tracie great blog. I look forward to trying some of your recipes!
  • plafleur76
    plafleur76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump