Water?

Options
Does drinking 8 cups of water a day really help you lose weight?

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Here is a recent thread about this topic:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/416273-water-consumption-and-weight-loss

Hope this helps!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    All the RUNNING back and forth to the bathroom that you do when you drink water will help!!!!!
  • emilyruden
    Options
    A lot of people mistake thirst for hunger panges..... you deffinately have to hydrate. : )
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Let me say this, as I sit here typing this at 11:30 pm my stomach is GROWLING something fierce. I'm 253 calories over my calorie goals for today thanks to cookies and a peppermint patty. My theory is because I didn't drink my water today....today I have only drank 2 bottles of water all day long where the past few weeks I've been drinking 8+ glasses and it truly has helped me feel full in between meals.
  • Slimntrim90
    Options
    Water is a wonderful thing! It quenches thirst, cleans toxins out of the body, prevents bladder infections, softens stools, makes the skin look young (decreases wrinkles) and, in my case, decreases appetite because sometimes when I think I am hungry, I am actually just thirsty! I use a quart jar and fill it twice a day. If I go out to eat, I order water. You will get to where you crave it. Just do it!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    All the RUNNING back and forth to the bathroom that you do when you drink water will help!!!!!
    LOL,, i agree! that's why I gave up on 8 cups of water.. I drink about 3 or 4 cups and get all the water I need from other sources, milk, fruit, and whatnots.

Even with just 3 or 4 cups a day, I am still losing,, this past week, I lost 2.4 pounds.

To me,, 8 cups of water requirement is just a myth and there's NO HARD CORED fact from medical profession saying you must drink that much.
  • Shantel17
    Shantel17 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    trying to drink 8 cups a water a day does really help me stay under my calorie goal whenever i drink less than 5 cups of water i tend to go over my calorie goal. the extra cups of water does help keep you full and not wanting to eat extra calories throughout the day.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    idk but i think its about avoiding other drinks and being healthy..on some lvl lol
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    YES for me it does. I used to be a big sugar free iced tea drinker. Now, its mostly water. I also love Propel Zero for a treat! :bigsmile:
  • Ready4Goal
    Options
    8 cups is standard but it honestly goes by your weight..For every 25lbs u exceed your ideal weight, that's how many cups you should drink...Example if your 225 and your ideal (medical standard) weight is suppose to be 150, then u should be drinking 3 more cups than the standard 8 for a total of 11 b/c u exceed you ideal weight by 75 lbs..Water has great benefits nd while I know we all cant get in that many cups sometimes you can get it from other sources, fruit, tea extra...Water also rev's your metabolism:)