arms...

mszSHOGAN
mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Shortly before I started with MFP I began to notice how big my arms had gotten and became very self conscious about them. Since I've dropped a bit of weight they have gone done, they are by no means the size I want them to be, but their tolerable in the meantime. I know I need to start working on them more though......tips/advice? What has helped you guys with your arms?

Thanks in advance,
Katie :wink:

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    Shortly before I started with MFP I began to notice how big my arms had gotten and became very self conscious about them. Since I've dropped a bit of weight they have gone done, they are by no means the size I want them to be, but their tolerable in the meantime. I know I need to start working on them more though......tips/advice? What has helped you guys with your arms?

Thanks in advance,
    Katie :wink:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Free weights. REALLY working hard...breaking a sweat when lifting.

Pushups. Lots of pushups.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Strength training! Push-ups are a girl's best friend!:heart: Don't be afraid to do some weight lifting- bicep curls, tricep kick-backs; front and side raises for the delts! These things will give your arms the shape and tone you desire!:flowerforyou:
  • Free weights. REALLY working hard...breaking a sweat when lifting.

do you think the modified push ups help as well? Those are what I am doing. In the last month I have lost 2 inches off my arms but have a long way to go.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

do you think the modified push ups help as well? Those are what I am doing. In the last month I have lost 2 inches off my arms but have a long way to go.

certainly. My physical therapist started me standing almost up right doing push ups.

Also dips on any chair for the tricep. I do them at the park, in the office, at home.

sit on the chair with your arms by your side, hands on the chair fingers forward. Now bring you butt off the chair and forward. You are now holding your body by your arms.

allow you bottom to go down,using your arms to do so-careful and slow. Then up again.

The further out your feet, the harder it is.

Do 2 sets of 5 then work up to 2 sets of 10.

:glasses:
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    I'll have to try these suggestions. I have been including Turbo Sculpt (Turbo Jam) in my workouts. It incorporates the weights, tricep kickbacks, etc., but I am not seeing the results in my arms as I would expect. My waist and hips have shrunk dramatically, but my arms are still jiggly.

Thanks for the pointers. I would wave goodbye, but.....here's a flower instead. :flowerforyou:
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Another good arm/tricep workout is to lay on your back and do tricep extensions with dumbells. Point your arm (from your shoulder to your elbow) towards the ceiling and bring the weight down towards your ears and then extend the weight towards the ceiling while keeping your arm from your shoulder to your elbow point straight up towards the ceiling.
  • mszSHOGAN

I think I'll have to start with these and work my way up to the REAL DEAL! :glasses:
  • mszSHOGAN
    Another good arm/tricep workout is to lay on your back and do tricep extensions with dumbells. Point your arm (from your shoulder to your elbow) towards the ceiling and bring the weight down towards your ears and then extend the weight towards the ceiling while keeping your arm from your shoulder to your elbow point straight up towards the ceiling.

I will DEF try these - never did them before but it sounds like they're a good one!
  • arewethereyet

Thanks for the pointers. I would wave goodbye, but.....here's a flower instead. :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet

I think I'll have to start with these and work my way up to the REAL DEAL! :glasses:

When you are 1st starting out, your body will respond to almost anything you do. As you get stronger, you will know because it is just too easy. That is when to add another set, or extend the reps.

:flowerforyou:
  • 2 words :)

Chalene Extreme with Chalene Johnson from beach body. I always had HUGE arms.. not anymore ;) They ROCK !!!!!!

You can find info at
    www.teambeachbody.com/fitfarmchic

Just click on the product button

I am in the last phase ( lean phase ) and it's just amazing what not only my arms are doing but my entire body :)

Love Love Love it :)
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Somebody beat me to it, but pushups are really one of the best exercises there is! No equipment needed, and you can do them at home if you don't belong to the gym. My trainer has me doing pushups all the time during the session, as well as using the Smith machine (that's what he calls it) for rows and pushups.

And you'll see results very quickly too. I love how my upper arms are starting to look.
This discussion has been closed.