I CAN'T WORKOUT HELPPPPPPPP

Options
Okay, the title is a TAD over dramatic, I just wanted to get your attention ;)

Whenever I walk, for example just then, it is cold outside and I decided to go for a walk, 10 minutes into my walk I start getting itchy all over my legs and I NEED to itch them.
I can't exactly walk through this.

Anybody know what it is?
I am not allergic to anything as this has always happened where ever I am.
It is not me not used to exercise because any body can have a 10 minute stroll or am I really that unfit?
Oh and I wasn't sweating.

I'm 18 and weigh 57kg.

No putdown zone :)

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Is this serious?
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't be?
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Stop and scratch...then keep walking?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    don't know if you are being serious or not, but cold dry air can cause your skin to become very sensitive and itch. Try Eucerin lotion :)
  • ilovemyhorse
    Options
    You probably have heat rash. I have it. My entire body breaks out in a horrible rash. It's not uncommon. Go to walmart and buy Acid Reducer. I've had four doctors recommend it to me. It's for heartburn but it stops a rash. Take it 30 mins before you work out and I'll bet you see a difference.

I don't sweat and that is why I break out into a rash
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It persists and I can't walk with it.
  • spottedlee
    Options

Anybody know what it is?
    I am not allergic to anything as this has always happened where ever I am.
    always? think about it,, have you always had same soap in shower,, use same shaving cream/gel.. same laurary deterent. Sometimes it pays to make a switch (one at a time) and see if what you have always used might be the culprit.
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Trying using a moisturizer during the day. Living in Ohio, we are experiencing temps in the 30s this week and I notice that my legs are getting very dry and itchy. Shaving will dry them out even more so make sure you MOISTURIZE!!!
  • LadyLeeLee
    LadyLeeLee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It has something to do with the cold air outside and the warm blood inside that causes you to itch (me to) which is why it's to hard to walk outside in the cold try one of the walking tapes and just do it inside. You still get a workout without the itching - because it doesn't go away until the outside of your body warms up
  • kelldoll
    kelldoll Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is likeky your hystamins are bursting. It is caused by the "shaking" of your tissues each time your foot hits the ground. Take a bit of antihystamine 30 minute before you go out. ; )

- Kelly
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It is basically an allergic reaction to the cold. It happens to me as well. Try taking an antihistamine like Benadryl or Claritin 20-30 minutes before you go out in the cold. Sometimes my lips will even swell. It is very irritating!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Try taking some OTC claritin 30 mins to 1 hour prior to the exercise for a while and see if that helps. You have excess histamine release related to the exercise.
  • ilovemyhorse
    Options
    Just so you know. I've tried claratin and benadryl and that doesn't stop the rash from starting. Only helps the itching.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Use lotion on your legs after you bathe. It'll keep you from getting so itchy in cold weather. If that doesn't work, maybe it's the clothes... Small possibility you're allergic to a detergent or fabric softener? It may have been cold, but I'm sure you sweat just a teensy bit.
  • SnoopySuited
    SnoopySuited Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another possibility; When I first start working out I itch a little because my sweat glands are opening but I'm not sweating yet. Heat, cold air, my clothing and other things irritate parts of my body (legs, arms, etc). Once I start sweating the itching goes away. Your issue could be similar. Try walking trough it for another 5-10 min and see what happens.

Good luck!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    it happens to me when its cold out and i have dry skin i would try lotion up more often and before you go for your walk :)
  • Ruz456
    Ruz456 Posts: 99
    Options
    maybe you have an allergy to cold? yes there is such a thing lol. take an ice cube and put it on your arm or anywhere with exposed skin and if you start to have a reaction, a red rash with white blotches and ichyness, then that could be an indicator. Although if you do have this im sure you would know about it by now but im just trying to throw out a suggestion lol
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My husband is allergic to cold. its freaky. when he is in the cold for even just a few minutes he starts breaking out really bad in like mesquito bite type of looking things. it goes away after about 30 minutes and it itches him bad. he went to the doctor and they did a test on him and stuck him hand is ice water for just like 20 seconds and he pulled it out and it stated doing it. just a thought.

oh and he just started getting this a year ago. just out of no where.

and he gets it all over his body head to toe
  • blasiansrus
    Options
    That happens to me all the time when I run in the winter! [wearing Soffee shorts, so it's definitely not the clothing] I usually have to just push through it though..
    Maybe try going to a gym or walking when the weather gets a bit warmer in the day?
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It could be a circulation issue. Are your legs discolored or blotchy? (red and flesh colored blotches). You may want to ask a doctor. I used to have that when I was younger and heavier, and it did itch, but when my circulatory health improved, it went away. A doctor later told me that was probably a circulatory issue.